Sept 5th - Apple's Beat Goes On Event

So from what ive read it seems that new ipods are definitely going to be presented at the september 5th event... (if there is one)...

So i was wondering what you thought about the possibility of a macbook update?

Seeing as its the only mac that isnt "metal"...

I'm pretty sure it's going to be an iPod event, nothing else.

So maybe news related to iPod Shuffles (I doubt it), nanos (most likely), normal iPods (most likely) and iTunes (what else could they do in iTunes except making the new iPods compatible, honestly...). If I'm lucky, they'll update QuickTime to something totally different (since it's related to iTunes in some way), but hey... this one's never going to happen :)

iTunes 8 will probably be released as well, seeing as the new iPod will use a totally new user interface based on Mac OS X (according to the rumors, anyway.) That will give Apple a great excuse to release a new version of iTunes, lovingly bundled with not only QuickTime, but (for Windows users), Apple Software Update and Safari.

Well it does rely on Quicktime for playback of anything...

But I think it's the fact you can't download iTunes 7 without it that's annoying. Even if it is needed, there should always be a "standalone" installer. And I guarantee you that at some point, the Windows version of iTunes will also be bundled with Safari.

iTunes 8 will no doubt have a black note based on the Media Browser icon in iWork 08. Steve Jobs told me so. picture31a5c1.png

he did huh......

:rolleyes:

I do hope we get options..... i forone do not want to install saffari unless its the final verson and bug free. the latest beta i used was full of bugs.... slowd down my freaken computer!

Now that theres the cover flow on the invitations, we will definately see coverflow on the new ipods :)

Now that theres the cover flow on the invitations, we will definately see coverflow on the new ipods :)

Yeah I hope coverflow with a touchscreen ipod. I want that.

But I think it's the fact you can't download iTunes 7 without it that's annoying. Even if it is needed, there should always be a "standalone" installer. And I guarantee you that at some point, the Windows version of iTunes will also be bundled with Safari.

Well, iTunes 7 would be kinda useless without Quicktime installed (it is used for both playback and encoding). Makes sense it is a bundled deal.

Can't figure out why Safari would be bundled though (unless Apple plans to tie the rendering engine used to display the iTunes Store to Safari). Now that one makes no sense.