Sept 5th - Apple's Beat Goes On Event

Well it's suppose to be an iPod, Safari is already an addition because they needed the Wifi Store. Anyways on the other side I think Apple should really consider having one standalone mobile version of their OS rather than have different versions and features for different products. I am considering the touch, but it needs Notes, Calendar input, and widget applications before I put my money down.

All those features will come eventually, surely all it would take is a firmware update?

They advertised Calendar input before and now they quietly got rid of it. In the past Apple hardly ever updated their iPods with new features. Hell my first iPod 5g doesn't even have the 5.5g's search option. Like you said: All it would take is a firmware update, yet Apple refuses to do so.

The thing is, I really don't feel like spending ?400 just so Apple can release an iPod touch 1.5g a few months from now with all the features mentioned above. Getting rid of iCal input is a serious downside for me.

Quick questions.

Has the torrent been released yet to download the event? I'm not asking for it. Just interested to know if its available?

Why would you wanna load it via torrent when you can get it from the Apple-Website?

Why would you wanna load it via torrent when you can get it from the Apple-Website?

I can stream it, but I can't download it. I want to save the keynote and watch it on my modded xbox

I can stream it, but I can't download it. I want to save the keynote and watch it on my modded xbox

Well, as that is true indeed, the answer to your question is: Yes. The Keynote is out there! :)

I have the 16GB touch. There is no calender input, but atleast there is contact input...heres hoping to apple or the hacking community getting it going.

I dont mind that it doesn't have mail on it since I can just goto gmail in safari :)

You could also stream it from the xbox if you have it connected to the net.

Damn, I was planning to buy the 8 GB iPhone today, but I've read the 16 GB iPod touch is in stock now. I might get that instead. They are both $399, obviously. What do you think, guys? Should I go a lower capacity all-in-one, or get the higher capacity "best iPod ever?"

iPhone. I mean, it's all the iPod Touch is + phone calls. Lower capacity, sure, but just be a bit more practical about what you keep on it.

Unless of course if you don't plan on getting an iPhone. I do, so there's really no reason for me to get an iPod Touch now, when I'm getting an iPhone a little ways down the road.

iPhone. I mean, it's all the iPod Touch is + phone calls. Lower capacity, sure, but just be a bit more practical about what you keep on it.

Unless of course if you don't plan on getting an iPhone. I do, so there's really no reason for me to get an iPod Touch now, when I'm getting an iPhone a little ways down the road.

Well, I just bought the 8 GB iPhone today. I think it was a good choice, it seems pretty nice so far.

Are they available online yet?

edit: Apparently not :angry:

The touch doesn't officially ship until the 28th, so you're only going to find a few Apple stores selling them early at the moment.

Haha, i suck with my money. I just went into town and got a black 80gb classic, i still have my 16gb Touch on order ha

And we'll be getting the iPhone on Tuesday :laugh: