.Mac Worth it? 2007

Hey guys, Now that we've got the iLife 08 suite. Is .Mac anymore worth it? I mean.. I really dont know if it's worth me buying. The only feature I see myself using is the gallery. I'm just not sure if it's worth it or not.

What other features does .Mac have that Google or other software don't already offer for free?

What do you guys think?

Back to My Mac seems to be an interesting feature, but I don't think it will be released until Leopard debuts. I still think it's a bit expensive for $99/year, but at least they did add a few cool new features, like the Web Gallery.

Check around for .Mac subscriptions, I picked one up off of eBay for $49, it's convenient to sync stuff and the newly added space is nice to have an offsite backup of files.

They recently added the ability for personal domains as well...10GB of hosting for $8.25 a month isn't really that bad, but .Mac is plagued by slow connections but it is better than it used to be.

I'll checkout the eBay then! :)

Yeah, Back To My Mac does look like a cool feature but i'm the only guy I know with a Mac so it'd be pretty useless for me.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a nice idea and the space has increased to 10 gb storage now.

Although the price is a bit steep. It should be something offered cheaply to Apple computer owners...IMO Anyone else will have to pay the regular price.

I like the back to my mac feature that will be available in Leopard. that should be interesting.

It's a nice idea and the space has increased to 10 gb storage now.

Although the price is a bit steep. It should be something offered cheaply to Apple computer owners...IMO Anyone else will have to pay the regular price.

I like the back to my mac feature that will be available in Leopard. that should be interesting.

Yeah, "Back to my Mac" is pretty nice. It's just like the Go To My PC service, only it has the usual "Apple flair."