58 members have voted

1. 1. -

• RBC
    • CIBC (all the best of luck to you)
    • Scotia
    • TD
    • BMO
    • other

I have my money in TD Canadatrust...pretty decent bank, good service, good customer service and support but not the best rates (if you're not looking into investing in mutual funds or equities).

So, anyway, which bank do you have your money in? And do you like their service?

I know these are other banks such as HSBC and citi which operate here, but they're not as proliferated as the big six, so I just included them (and an 'other' option).

I am with Desjardins (only in Quebec I believe). It's not really a bank, but a cooperative... my student account is free, and I have free web services, so I can pay all my accounts with my computer :)

I also have a national bank account (which I am forced to keep...) and I pay like 5 bucks a month for a student account, I have some nice web services though... but my service was poor with them, so that's why I kind of switched to Desjardins, and now I get a good service.

FYI: President's Choice Financial is actually CIBC (and so are some of the other co-branded options).

I use TD Canada Trust. I like their eFunds which have ridiculously low MERs (management expense ratios).

I CURRENTLY have TD bank and BMO.

I opened the TD because the security company I worked for, used it. So I could get "instant money" (they would call their branch). I use BMO now, for the exact same reason- my current company uses it.

I'm with BNC, National Bank of Canada but for no particular reason other than it was close from home. At least what's nice is there's plenty of them in the greater Montreal area.

I never have any issues with my accounts and because I'm a student, I pay $2.50 per month for an unlimited amount of transactions so that's kinda neat although there may be better services out there for students. At this point, unless they screw me, I'll stick with BNC.

• 3 weeks later...
FYI: President's Choice Financial is actually CIBC (and so are some of the other co-branded options).

I use TD Canada Trust. I like their eFunds which have ridiculously low MERs (management expense ratios).

While PC is still CIBC, I find their service to be 100% better than if I was directly with CIBC.

@ PsykX - Desjardains is also in Ontario, at least they have branches in Sudbury. :p

That being said, I am currently with PC Financial for my debit and credit accounts. Never had any issues at all. Plus, I like their Interest First Savings Account. Also, the zero fees for everything is awesome. I really don't understand banks who charge for transactions or for even having an account open.

I also deal with BMO, but I only have a mastercard with them because it's a corporate mastercard.

CIBC, Whats with all the best of luck to you in brackets?

I find CIBC Bank machines are the most common in my area, they are in every 7/11 store I find, and I am just happy with them.

I find CIBC Bank machines are the most common in my area, they are in every 7/11 store I find, and I am just happy with them.

7/11s don't last long in Toronto. Three locations that I knew of closed down and I haven't been by the fourth in well over a year (it could be gone too). They lose out to Mac's.

7/11s don't last long in Toronto. Three locations that I knew of closed down and I haven't been by the fourth in well over a year (it could be gone too). They lose out to Mac's.

I believe that macs convenience stores should have CIBC bank machines in them as well. Although I am not positive because I don't go to macs myself.

I believe that macs convenience stores should have CIBC bank machines in them as well. Although I am not positive because I don't go to macs myself.

They used to have them but they have replaced them with private label machines that charge $2.50 per transaction on top of INTERAC fees (or some other ridiculous amount). People use them too just to avoid crossing the street. Lazy asses.

Incidentally there are 20 Mac's stores within a 10km radius of my house. That obviously would not include the independent stores that are typically owned by Korean families.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm with BMO. About 3 years now. I'm just under 21 so it's still free for me, but after that I beleive it's a fee of $8.00 per month woooo! I also have my MasterCard with them as well as insurance for my health in case I ever get sick and need to stay in the hospital for more than 2 days they will cover my wages for that time. It's pretty nifty.

I used to be with TD when I was a working teen, but at the time I didn't have direct deposit and they would hold my cheques for 5 business days! I thought that was insane. Also I was under ther legal age and I still had to pay $13.00 a month.

Anyways no problems with BMO, plus I get Airmiles on the CC and the Debit transactions. I get to go to Vegas next year with my miles wooo!

;)