How Do I View Incomplete Torrents?

I downloaded a movie, but I only downloaded it for the first 10 mins of it. The torrent is 50% complete so that's obviously more than my desire; so instead of waiting for the WHOLE movie to finish, is there I way I can see the incompleted file?

Just because it says it is 50% done, does not mean it is 50% through the movie. A torrent downloads in pieces until finished. But if you do have the first ten minutes, you can usually play an incomplete video file in Media Player Classic. I have done it several times.

I think there is a setting, depending on your torrent client, so that the client attempts to download the first and last chunks of the file first. That would be useful if you want to watch the first few minutes of a video file.

I think there is a setting, depending on your torrent client, so that the client attempts to download the first and last chunks of the file first. That would be useful if you want to watch the first few minutes of a video file.

I just checked and ?Torrent does not.

I just checked and ?Torrent does not.

I did some searching and apparently ?Torrent does it by default. Other p2p programs like eMule require that you enable that setting yourself.

I'd recommend VLC as well to preview an incomplete torrent movie, but, in my experience, I think you need to at least have the first few hundred kilobytes at the start of the video downloaded or else it might fail to play.

Another vote for VLC player for playing it. Tried it before and it worked well. Although the last time I tried uTorrent, it downloaded the parts randomly so it would be a bit annoying if you wanted to download and watch it at the same time.