Rugby World Cup 07

The Rugby World Cup is just about to get underway with France taking on Argentina.

Anyone else going to be watching, your thoughts about the game/whole world cup in general.

I also thought it better to just pop everything about the world cup in one thread rather than create individual threads per game as it would make this forum rather cluttered just about one subject.

Argentina did great tonight, the french didn't really have any power in them. Countless number of times the french didn't try to push on against a small pack of players.

The big sprint was a good try!

i think the South Africans are goin to kick some major ass!!!

but on the other hand....IRB teams need to watch out for the devils spawn team..known as the All Blacks.........

I also thought it better to just pop everything about the world cup in one thread rather than create individual threads per game as it would make this forum rather cluttered just about one subject.

There was a Rugby World Cup thread.

I'm going watch last 2 games of Portugal. The others are broadcasted on weekends, when I'm working.

Tomorrow we're going to kick some Scottish ass. :p

Well done Argentina, be a disaster for France if Ireland can beat them as well which is possible, home nation going out this early is unheard of.

Come on England today, get a good score against the USA!

England did ok, but no way good enough.

Slow and poor passing. The americans did my head in, kept coming in the sides and wouldn't roll out of the way. This really slowed the game down.

Yeah England do need to step it up a gear or 3 when we play South Africa or we will lose, badly.

Not really a great result especially considering our opponents, but at least we won. Should of got a scoreline more like towards the numbers that New Zealand and Australia managed against their opponents.

Yeah England do need to step it up a gear or 3 when we play South Africa or we will lose, badly.

Not really a great result especially considering our opponents, but at least we won. Should of got a scoreline more like towards the numbers that New Zealand and Australia managed against their opponents.

What do you mean we will....we did and we got pwned...it was pretty awful.

I ended up watching something else halfway through. I just couldn't stand to see England be so poor.

I'd expect a poor game from the national football side, but from the rugby side we always had a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Wales are out! WEEEEEE

The welsh are there own enemys. They had a poor first half against Fiji.

At least England did better against Tonga. We were quick and had some attacking style for once.

Wow Wales are out, I was not expecting that, congrats to Fiji!

You are right about England, but will need to sort out a few things and tighten up the defence if we want to beat SA.

If anyone isnt aware - England just beat Australia!!!!

Most of it was defense work on the England side, saw Australia constantly trying to penetrate our defence. The last 20 mins was bloody intense - so many close calls on either sides!

All in all, im going to be grinning all day now :D

England played really well that game. Australia looked very dangerous a lot of times but couldn't really do anything about it. France <b>or</b> New Zealand - neither would be nice; but that's the way it goes. Preferably France to be honest lol nobody likes going against NZ!

England FTW! :)