Apple UK Special Event Sept-18

Hmm. Don't think I'll be getting an iPhone just yet then. I'm on O2 and pay ?20 pcm and get 1000 mins and 530 texts every month. OK I only get 1MB inclusive data but I don't use data anyway. Have you tried browsing the web on a K800i?:laugh:: laughable. I wouldn't mind paying for the iPhone itself but 200 mins and 200 texts on the ?35 pcm plan is just stupid. AND you can't send MMS with an iPhone. Gonna wait till it matures a bit - the iPhone that is. So which phone shall I go for now then? I'm due an upgrade;);)

Hmm. Don't think I'll be getting an iPhone just yet then. I'm on O2 and pay ?20 pcm and get 1000 mins and 530 texts every month. OK I only get 1MB inclusive data but I don't use data anyway. Have you tried browsing the web on a K800i?:laugh:: laughable. I wouldn't mind paying for the iPhone itself but 200 mins and 200 texts on the ?35 pcm plan is just stupid. AND you can't send MMS with an iPhone. Gonna wait till it matures a bit - the iPhone that is. So which phone shall I go for now then? I'm due an upgrade;);)

Wait a little. K850i and N95 8gb due next month.

Or you could always import an iPhone and unlock it.

Looks like I'll be holding on for the next gen iPhone then :huh:

I was going to cancel my Touch order if the iPhone had 16GB and a decent price, but those contracts are just stupid

HTC P4350 + iPod Touch 16GB :yes:

If I were to buy an iPhone and unlock it, would I be able to use it with my current O2 SIM with it? Or would I have to go with a PAYG SIM?

What features would I miss out on by not activating it through iTunes? Video voicemail?

If I were to buy an iPhone and unlock it, would I be able to use it with my current O2 SIM with it? Or would I have to go with a PAYG SIM?

What features would I miss out on by not activating it through iTunes? Video voicemail?

You mean Visual Voicemail. Yes you won't have that or the inclusive unlimited data or the free use of Wi-Fi hotspots.

You mean Visual Voicemail. Yes you won't have that or the inclusive unlimited data or the free use of Wi-Fi hotspots.

But I could use my current O2 contract SIM? It's tempting.

But I could use my current O2 contract SIM? It's tempting.

Theoretically yes you could use your current SIM. Thats if the unlocking software works. UK phones have a different firmware to US phones.

how about P1i? looks promising

how about P1i? looks promising

Uses a stylus for its touch screen though. I can't be doing with that. LOL.

I still don't get it. You pay full price for the phone (not subsidised). OK, that's fair enough. But then have to sign up for an 18 month contract? That's something that me as a Brit doesn't get :blink:

And instead of 3G (coverage everywhere) it uses EDGE which will cover 30% of the country? :blink:

I think I'd rather have (3G) coverage & have to charge the phone more regularly than hardly be able to use EGDE anywhere.

Bit of a dissappointing outcome. Especially when you consider that 8GB unlocked iPhones sent from the states are around 320 quid plus postage... not much more and you get to stick on your current provider / tarrif! Who cares about visual voicemail?! And I already have unlimited data through T-Mobile on web and walk...

Bit of a dissappointing outcome. Especially when you consider that 8GB unlocked iPhones sent from the states are around 320 quid plus postage... not much more and you get to stick on your current provider / tarrif! Who cares about visual voicemail?! And I already have unlimited data through T-Mobile on web and walk...

Obviously visual voicemail isn't exactly a feature to die for, but once you have and use it, it is pretty useful.

I can't believe they are charging ?270 for it on an awful value 18month contract!

Also with O2, upgrading their network to Edge when pretty much every phone in the future will be 3G:laugh:: , and their rubbish customer service.

To sum it up

Iphone = Awful + O2 = Awful = perfect match!>

Btw, Im not an apple hater, I do love their ipods.

am i the only one who thinks O2 are an awesome network? they've been nothing but great to me. Customer service was there when i needed it: i got mugged and they took my phone, got my sim blocked within 5 minutes, this is going through their phone customer service. got everything replaced (new phone and sim) within 2 days all free, with no insurance.

I think O2 are a good network, been good to me i guess.

I was really looking forward to the iPhone, but i want a contract of about 500 minutes/500 texts per month, for about ?30, which is more than i'm paying now.

The cost of the phone doesn't bother me that much, but no MMS and those crappy contracts have just killed it for me.

I'm ready for an upgrade aswell, hmm, decisions, decisions.

am i the only one who thinks O2 are an awesome network? they've been nothing but great to me. Customer service was there when i needed it: i got mugged and they took my phone, got my sim blocked within 5 minutes, this is going through their phone customer service. got everything replaced (new phone and sim) within 2 days all free, with no insurance.

Well the experences ive had with their customer services are pretty bad, alot worse than Orange.

All networks are quick to get through to block a sim.

The free phone sounds good though...You must have been on contract?.

Hell they can't even get sms delivery reports to work!

However i have had a bad experience with O2, but great with Orange...others here will have the reverse..just the way it goes.