WinAMP 5.5 Beta

No 64 bit processor or Vista 64 bit support I see.

It's still an x86 Application.

What would it gain by being an x64 application? I can't think of a single advantage that x86-64 would give to a media player application. In addition it'd just be a pain as it's likely that all existing plugin dll files wouldn't work with any 64-bit version so it'd just be a total mess.

What would it gain by being an x64 application? I can't think of a single advantage that x86-64 would give to a media player application. In addition it'd just be a pain as it's likely that all existing plugin dll files wouldn't work with any 64-bit version so it'd just be a total mess.

I wasn't saying it'd gain anything or lose anything, but its interesting to see that it's not x64 yet.

The album art thing needs to be improved... I have album art in most of my mp3s directories named like "album.jpg" and it doesn't pick it up.

The Album Art locater as well, when I right click it, and hit "find album art" doesn't seem to always find the albums. :(

I found a way to disable the stupid album art, because of that it took forever to add music into winamp again. Bento is a great skin, however i wish they remove some useless features like online settings (or atleast prevent that from being install)

great skin, but i like portability, they should have a micro version of it aswell... that could sit on the bottom like a taskbar... and you can scroll and see everything... oooo and if the video display had easymove. something only classic seems to have....

or maybe they could just make a classic skin, that looks like it, i'd be set...

nice idea, but it bugs me that the new theme can't be split about as I like it, ie I don't want the playlist thrown on the side as I mainly use it rather than the media library

How do I remove this middle part? I can't find any options that is related to it (just want the main window and playlist)...Is it possible to remove this?...anyway, new GUI looks awesome ;)...

post-163969-1189964306_thumb.jpg

Damn I was really liking it but when I sync my ipod video it randomly crashes (After it gets 100% Visual C++ runtime error). It bricked half the songs on my ipod. I sent in bug report, and for now I have to use 5.35.

I found a way to disable the stupid album art, because of that it took forever to add music into winamp again. Bento is a great skin, however i wish they remove some useless features like online settings (or atleast prevent that from being install)

Even with the pre-Beta versions, this is so freaking annoying. I always, before starting to use Winamp, have to remove all the useless plugins like History, Now Playing, Online services and that BS.

Even with the pre-Beta versions, this is so freaking annoying. I always, before starting to use Winamp, have to remove all the useless plugins like History, Now Playing, Online services and that BS.

Glad im not the only annoyed by those things :woot:

(N) What were they thinking with the new skin?! Noo. Its terrible. Can't see myself using Winamp again.

The old skin(s) are still there.

Yeah, I was underwhelmed by the skin, too. It looks years behind other media players and seems very poorly organized. To quote myself from the news post about it: "It looks like they wanted it to do...everything...and they put it...everywhere."

Winamp 2.95 / foobar for the win? :no:

God, I hate that. You'd be foolish to run 2.95 when there are known vulnerabilities in it. Install 5.x Lite and just unselect all the plugins such as media library and sonic burning. My comments were purely about the skin. 5.x, on a whole, is fine though.

God, I hate that. You'd be foolish to run 2.95 when there are known vulnerabilities in it. Install 5.x Lite and just unselect all the plugins such as media library and sonic burning. My comments were purely about the skin. 5.x, on a whole, is fine though.

I forgot all about Winamp Lite lol.