• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Halo 03 |MP| OFFICIAL

Slane    36

Ya it's a bull**** system. Winning doubles constantly going positive 10+ in nearly ever win, mixing up weapons to use to kill and such, and I'm stuck at a 45 in Doubles. It's gotten to the point that I'm going to let my friend play my account while I play his so we can level. Since we don't play alike, the system will see us winning with new "skill" and rank us up. That's what people say works, we going to try.

Trong    3
Ya it's a bull**** system. Winning doubles constantly going positive 10+ in nearly ever win, mixing up weapons to use to kill and such, and I'm stuck at a 45 in Doubles. It's gotten to the point that I'm going to let my friend play my account while I play his so we can level. Since we don't play alike, the system will see us winning with new "skill" and rank us up. That's what people say works, we going to try.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk but I checked your games and you win only about half of your Team Doubles games. The games that you lost, you went negative. Also, to be honest, your kill/death ratio isn't up where most level 45-50s should be. The system also checks the headshots and that assault rifle isn't gonna get you many headshots.

Slane    36

I've won more than half of my games at in Doubles. Lately no, I haven't playing it seriously just going in to bull**** around and see what happens, hell I've let my brother play my doubles just to see what happens (win, lost, repeat). I'm tired of doubles so I'm not trying in that anymore. Doubt I'll try anymore. I should be 50, I've played 45+ with several 50's and beaten them all, they shouldn't be there (beaten as in got steaktacular's of them). The whole system is flawed, since you find kids at 50 who shouldn't and you find kids stuck at 30 who should be higher up. The system sucks, in general.

bangbang023    31

People need to learn how to play objective based matches. Just played a game of capture the flag where we got own because we only managed to touch their flag twice. People treat it like a slayer match instead of going for the actual objectives.

mail    10

bangbang023 you declined my friend invite ?

bangbang023    31

1. How am I supposed to know who it is? No one ever leaves a message explaining who the invite is from.

2. I try to only add people I know and talk to. It's nothing personal, but I'd have a crap load of friends, otherwise. When I play Halo, I only party up with my buddies from work or, sometimes, Netrack.

bangbang023    31

Matchmaking hates me today. It is pairing me up with the worst teams in big team battle. Looks like I'm going Lone Wolves the rest of the day because I can't stand playing well and still losing.

neoadorable    405

heh heh that is frustrating, just had a bout of that. but finally learned to enjoy shotty snipers!

Tech Star    254

AHHH, everyone is soooo good now, frekin people have no life. I was good and I was one step ahead of them all the time and now they are like sometimes one step ahead of me. :(

neoadorable    405

can't wait to make officer...should be done by ****ING EASTER!

bangbang023    31

My best BTB round to date:

post-1798-1194923160_thumb.png

spenser.d    1,100

^^^Nice game!

I've been offline for a while (probably 2 weeks or so now) but I should be back on this weekend (it's been a hellish couple of weeks with schoolwork, but it's all good after this week) so if you guys aren't too busy playing other stuff, I'll be back on.

-Spenser

bangbang023    31

Man, Swords in Lone Wolves is ****ing terrible. Basically, every encounter is both swords negating each other while both people bash the trigger trying to get another strike in. It seems like my sword never resets as quickly as their's either so I'm always ****ed. Every other mode in Lone Wolves I handle fine, but this swords thing is a mess. It's all about smashing buttons instead of actually having any tactics.

magik    25
Man, Swords in Lone Wolves is ****ing terrible. Basically, every encounter is both swords negating each other while both people bash the trigger trying to get another strike in. It seems like my sword never resets as quickly as their's either so I'm always ****ed. Every other mode in Lone Wolves I handle fine, but this swords thing is a mess. It's all about smashing buttons instead of actually having any tactics.

Hmm, that is definitely not the case, actually. There is a lot more tactics involved in a sword match than you might think, apparently. The key is, when you sword clash, instead of hitting the trigger again, hit Melee (if you are close enough) and you'll usually get the kill (which is probably why you're always losing those encounters). In addition, you have to pick and chose your encounters, bait people with grenades, sneak up on people, steal kills, etc. There is definitely more to it than you think.

KiwiSwe    0

I agree tho, swords is ****ing gay