2 dll32.exe programs

Is this normal?

I've discovered this about 1 week ago. Before, I've been to a private video site by clicking on an embedded video on a blog. I've used a computer subject CD rom (supplied by a textbook), didn't install it , but found it installed on my startup list.

Could this be trojan? I also found at least 2 dos command windows prompting when my computer starts up.

Could anybody help? Thanks. :)

Wow, talk about lack of information. Dude, that is way to vague to even make a generalized comment. Give some basic system specs, software names, sizes, etc. We don't even know what operating system your talking about.

Google it.

dll32.exe is a process registered as a backdoor vulnerability which may be installed for malicious purposes by an attacker allowing access to your computer from remote locations, stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal data. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system.

Security Risk (0-5): 2

Also known as Backdoor.W32.IROffer

Thanks. :) It's rundll32.exe, running in my user's account, 2 programs running at the same time. Trojan? How can I kill it?

If it's from the cd rom I'm using, I can't do anything about it, since it comes with the textbook of my kid, and I have to use it anyway. :(

... RUNDLL32.exe IS NOT A TROJAN DO NOT UNINSTALL IT WHATEVER YOU DO. ITS MEANT TO RUN THE DLL FILES AND PLACE THEM IN MEMORY

dll32.exe is different

... RUNDLL32.exe IS NOT A TROJAN DO NOT UNINSTALL IT WHATEVER YOU DO. ITS MEANT TO RUN THE DLL FILES AND PLACE THEM IN MEMORY

dll32.exe is different

But what I don't understand is, there're 2 rundll32.exe running at the same time, under my user's name, not system. They seem to be the gift of that CD rom. I've just discovered one of my dvd rom reader opening and closing this morning, with no disc inside, suspicious. That CD rom installed a shortcut on my startup menu on its own.

Thanks, but I don't think I'll use "hijack this", too powerful a software.

It's a software for primary 1 students, the textbook is for beginners in computer. I think it's a spyware, not a virus , from that famous textbook company (wild guess), spying computers who use that cd rom, since it's for beginners, so most people may not notice/be aware of it.

One thing is sure, my dvd player keeps ejecting once in a while when I'm connecting on the internet, even without a disc in it. This is bizaarre, and has never happened before! :alien: I have 2 dvd players in my computer, and only the one I've put the disc in works like this. :alien:

Guess if I have to use the cd rom, I have to "live with it". :(

Anyway, all softwares have spywares, don't they? :alien: