Halo 03 |SPOILERS| OFFICIAL

From the ending I figgure one of two things.

Halo 4 won't be for a long time.

There will be no Halo 4.

One of those two I'm sure is true.

Considering the amount of polish and replayability in Halo 3, I would assume that Halo 4 won't be coming out for at least 4 or 5 years. Perhaps not even until the next Xbox console... but it will happen. The Halo name has become almost a household term, it's a cash cow. :D

Well i've completed it :)

The bit where i got stuck was mainly due to the checkpoints not working so when i died i had to go so far back in the level, when the checkpoints actually worked i found it a lot easier. Gotta say, i love the end bit reminds a lot of the original Halo ending

WOW!!!! The end was amzing... that whole sequence in the hog n thr floor constantly disapearing was amazing... the only bad bit of the whole game was when it just seemed to totaly shift to a gungho doom 3 type game killing all the stupid flood there at the end! Apart from that it was a truly awe inspiring game!!!!!

Did anyone else find the flood annoying?

by the way - IS THE MASTER CHIEF ACTUALLY DAD???

I finished it today too. One thing that upset me was that it doesn't automatically save your progress, you have to physically ask to "quit and save." I got invinted into a match last night after playing for a while and I forgot to save so I had to start from way back today. Also, I haven't really looked into it, but after I finished it still said "continue solo career" (or something) and it started me at the last place I saved, which was very far back. There's no way to replay certain levels like in Halo?

About the flood: the worst part was in the flood ship where it was tough to see where you needed to go in some rooms because of the "organic" decor.

I finished it today too. One thing that upset me was that it doesn't automatically save your progress, you have to physically ask to "quit and save." I got invinted into a match last night after playing for a while and I forgot to save so I had to start from way back today. Also, I haven't really looked into it, but after I finished it still said "continue solo career" (or something) and it started me at the last place I saved, which was very far back. There's no way to replay certain levels like in Halo?

About the flood: the worst part was in the flood ship where it was tough to see where you needed to go in some rooms because of the "organic" decor.

Yeah the flood coupled with the flood ship was unbearable:- You'd be happily running like mad only to realise u've gone wrong n would have to back track to find some corridor that went off 30 degrees to your left 5 minutes ago... added an extra puzzle to it all tho!! It was the most frustrated i can remember while playing a game but it was also rewarding to actualy get out the maze..........The bit before the tower almost took the biscuit for me tho! I thought we'd just blown up the flood ship n killed em! why oh why were they now bombing out the sky at me!!!!!???? lol..... all good fun in the end tho!

Yeah the flood coupled with the flood ship was unbearable:- You'd be happily running like mad only to realise u've gone wrong n would have to back track to find some corridor that went off 30 degrees to your left 5 minutes ago... added an extra puzzle to it all tho!! It was the most frustrated i can remember while playing a game but it was also rewarding to actualy get out the maze..........The bit before the tower almost took the biscuit for me tho! I thought we'd just blown up the flood ship n killed em! why oh why were they now bombing out the sky at me!!!!!???? lol..... all good fun in the end tho!

I may be wrong but it seemed the longer you stayed in an area with the flood the more they spawned out. My solution was to run through the levels as quick as possible without killing everything, just getting through.

by the way - IS THE MASTER CHIEF ACTUALLY DEAD???

Clearly you skipped the credits :p

I'd recommend playing the last level from the latest checkpoint again (i had to cos i also accidentally skipped the credits) it's only having to drive over the falling floor again, so i didnt mind, then watch all the way through the credits, dont touch any buttons, and wait for the final cutscene :)

Or, read below... its not near as fun though, you cant see it!

No he's not dead, he's floating through space with cortana, in half a ship, in the outskirts of the galaxy, and it could takes years for them to be found, so he climbs into his cryo-chamber for a long nap, and just before he lies down, he looks at cortana and says.. "Wake me when you need me" END OF HALO!

I'd recommend playing the last level from the latest checkpoint again (i had to cos i also accidentally skipped the credits) it's only having to drive over the falling floor again, so i didnt mind, then watch all the way through the credits, dont touch any buttons, and wait for the final cutscene :)

No he's not dead, he's floating through space with cortana, in half a ship, in the outskirts of the galaxy, and it could takes years for them to be found, so he climbs into his cryo-chamber for a long nap, and just before he lies down, he looks at cortana and says.. "Wake me when you need me" END OF HALO!

Do the credits apear on normal mode? I didnt touch anything the game went from the video of the funeral to the "thanks for playing halo" screen then straight to the main menu! I will give it another try tho!!!

Odd :/ It should go from the 'Thanks for playing' message to the credits, after about a 15 second wait.

And yeah, you get them on all difficulty levels, though on Legendary, you get a little extra bit, even after the bit thats after the credits :p

Clearly you didn't finish the game on Legendary :p

He says "wake me when you need me" and it fades to black. Then we see the half of a spaceship hurtling towards some planet. END OF HALO!

IMO, whoever designed the second-to-last level on Halo 3 at Bungie needs to be fired. Worst FPS level since Half-Life's Xen.

If your referring to the flood ship I couldn't agree more. It was appalling, the only disappointment in the campaign :(

If your referring to the flood ship I couldn't agree more. It was appalling, the only disappointment in the campaign :(

I'll have to chime in here n say i agree! Kinda let it down for me all the flood nonsense!

The second last level with the flood is a pain in the arse, but it's very rewarding to complete it I think. I got really stressed at it in some parts but if you take your time it's actually easier than running and gunning your way through.

The second last level with the flood is a pain in the arse, but it's very rewarding to complete it I think. I got really stressed at it in some parts but if you take your time it's actually easier than running and gunning your way through.

Really? I found if I took my time it seemed like they would keep respawning. That's why I took a run-and-gun approach that seemed to work better for me, although it was less rewarding than clearing a level.

On a side note, I tried to post this right after another reply but I got a warning from Neowin that flood control was enabled. :p

Really? I found if I took my time it seemed like they would keep respawning. That's why I took a run-and-gun approach that seemed to work better for me, although it was less rewarding than clearing a level.

On a side note, I tried to post this right after another reply but I got a warning from Neowin that flood control was enabled. :p

I tried both tactics of gameplay and I kept dying whilest running and gunning :( I think the reason perhaps the flood didn't seem to stop was because there is pods which spawn more if they are caught in cross-fire? Who knows, just a different style of play for everyone.

There was a few times I just ran through a section to miss out some of them, but others it was unavoidable.

Nice pun too ;)

I tried both tactics of gameplay and I kept dying whilest running and gunning :( I think the reason perhaps the flood didn't seem to stop was because there is pods which spawn more if they are caught in cross-fire? Who knows, just a different style of play for everyone.

There was a few times I just ran through a section to miss out some of them, but others it was unavoidable.

Nice pun too ;)

I know there were some areas where you would have to clear out the area to get the Checkpoint, but others, like where the crashed Pelican is, it seemed like they kept respawning. I know the little round ones infect dead bodies and keep bringing them to life, but I was trying to melee them so they would break apart and it seemed like the ones that transform from the tail shooting things to the really stron brute ones to the four legged type kept reappearing.

I just think it was a filler level, honestly. The level design was atrocious and annoying.

I just think it was a filler level, honestly. The level design was atrocious and annoying.

How the heck is it a filler level? It's connected to the story in every way, retrieving Cortana from Gravemind :/