Halo 03 |SPOILERS| OFFICIAL

I have some theories about the ending.

What if John and Cortana didn't make it through the portal? What if they only thought they did, but really the Halo's explosion brought them somewhere else, as in what the Prophet of Truth had imagined: a Great Journey. This is supported by the fact that in one of the Terminals a Forerunner also alludes to the Great Journey. This is countered by the fact that Offensive Bias describes how all biological beings were wiped out by the firing of the rings, so it may not be true. But what if?

Also, I can't figure out why Guilty Spark wasn't being hunted by the Sentinels of Installation 00. Mendicant Bias had entered him as a threat to them, as shown in another Terminal.

Also, I think it's pretty obvious that Adjutant Reflex = Mendicant Bias. That was a pretty nice reveal when viewing

the last Terminal.

Okay, here's a little bit more: what if Gravemind absorbed Mendicant Bias? We know Mendicant was leading the Flood's fleet against the Forerunner. And we know the Gravemind can interact with AI, as shown in the Cortana torture scenes. We also know Gravemind is a little bit off his rocker, as was shown with the reversed dialogue in the Flood-infected High Charity level at the end of H2. Didn't he say something about being guilty for his sins? Mendicant Bias says he wants to "show his makers he's changed." Doesn't that sort of fit?

I'm also wondering if maybe MC and Cortana traveled through time. We know there are Forerunner artifacts that distort space/time. And we know one of those was in the form of a crystalline shard. And we know a shard was a part of Mendicant Bias (during one of the Terminal's distortions, he says he has "recovered the shard" and his "reconstruction is unstoppable"). We also know Mendicant Bias is helping the Master Chief to absolve himself of his sins. So perhaps MB used his possible time distorting abilities to transport Master Chief to a time where he may make a difference in the Forerunner/Flood war? Or maybe just sent him somewhere else that was important?

The Marathon connections are also pretty obvious and don't bear repeating. The Onyx theories are the same.

edit:

Oh, one more:

It may be possible that Cortana has been infected by Gravemind and is leading Master Chief into a trap of some sort. Some of what she says in her "flashes" sounds very Gravemind/Mendicant Bias-ish. So perhaps she is rampant and is exploiting John for her own gains? There are obvious holes in that theory, but isn't Cortana well past her time? She should be going rampant any second.

In one of the books I remember her duplicating herself to confuse a Covenant AI (or was that the other way around?). Either way, it shows that AIs can replicate, which leads into a possible Cortana "clone" that is now a part of Gravemind. Or maybe the clone is with Chief? Or bububu...

Gah, the possibilities for bad fanfiction are endless!

Edited by ragn4rokk 2.0

OK! Got all the skulls! The ones with achievments, anyways. Had to get a Chopper to climb up to it and used it to jump up to the skull. As ragn4rokk said, you can't knock it off.

OK! Got all the skulls! The ones with achievments, anyways. Had to get a Chopper to climb up to it and used it to jump up to the skull. As ragn4rokk said, you can't knock it off.

lol, now that's being resourceful. :rofl:

lol, now that's being resourceful. :rofl:

You don't know the half of it. I had to create a ramp from a Ghost and the other Chopper-like thing with 2 riders. I couldn't find a shield, the grenades weren't working for me, so I figured, what the hell... :D After running the Chopper up against the wall repeatedly and almost giving up it finally climbed up to the metal ramp. Then I thought it was going to fall of, but it didn't. Sheesh, talk about a hard skull to get :s

For the famine skull I used the brute copper. I just had someone push from behind in another vehicle to get on the rock and I was able to clear the gap between the rock and the ledge no problem. Parked the chopper by the opposite ledge by the skull and jumped up.

Fine, fine.. everyone here is smarter than me :rolleyes: Now I need your help in getting the IWHBYD skull. I jump through the rings but I don't get any sounds, and after I finish I don't get a skull :( I tried it before I get to Truth and after to no effect. I'm playing on normal and starting the level from the beginning.

Fine, fine.. everyone here is smarter than me :rolleyes: Now I need your help in getting the IWHBYD skull. I jump through the rings but I don't get any sounds, and after I finish I don't get a skull :( I tried it before I get to Truth and after to no effect. I'm playing on normal and starting the level from the beginning.

First off the sequence is 1346754654534. Starting from the 1st ring, stand right next to it then jump up before pushing forward so as to try and make the jump as clean as possible. It took my several tries and the rings didn't make any noise for me either, but I knew i'd done it when the rings started flashing.

I finally got it. You have to do it only after you kill Truth. I tried it before and after which I think is why it messed up.

The rings don't really make any discernible noise. They emit a low "hum" that, after the skull is picked up, plays together to form the Halo theme. It's hard to tell when you're just jumping through them, since they're spaced so far apart.

I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of the ending. I suppose it's like Harry Potter in a way - it's hard to accept it's over :/

I'm glad i'm not the only one who didn't want it to end! But not Harry Potter.

I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of the ending. I suppose it's like Harry Potter in a way - it's hard to accept it's over :/

I think it was more of a thud than anything... it seemed like something was just missing before the actual ending. It had the somewhat emotional ending you'd expect, but it didn't have a kickass "YES, I BEAT IT!" ending you'd want.

I think it was more of a thud than anything... it seemed like something was just missing before the actual ending. It had the somewhat emotional ending you'd expect, but it didn't have a kickass "YES, I BEAT IT!" ending you'd want.

Yeah, actually, you're right :/ but I can't put my finger on what was missing...I think maybe it was to do with that ending part sucking, the Warthog thing.

Yeah, actually, you're right :/ but I can't put my finger on what was missing...I think maybe it was to do with that ending part sucking, the Warthog thing.

Yoou quite obviously havent finished the game on legendary and watched after the credits then have you??

Completing it on easy and then not watching the credits left me with that same empty feeling, its over... he's gone theres nothing left in the world now :'(

But legendary it gives you hope :)

Finally beat the game on my first solo run through, on Legendary. Overall the game was ok, however I will admit Bungie won back my heart with its multiple tributes to Marathon and H:CE. Bravo Bungie, and job well done. The recreation of Installation 04 stunned the hell out of me. Out of all the twists, this one stole the show! Btw, has anyone else found Joe Staten in his boxers again? :p

Those levels in tribute to H:CE made me smile so much, those were the best ones in game.

The final final ending was amazing. During "the" Flood stage I kept wondering if I was playing Doom or another distant shooter but not Halo. The last cut scene made me think of how the series can shift to a totally different direction. Time will tell.

I do think I missed one, maybe two terminals. Does anyone know if I have to play the whole game to retrieve them for credit, or can they be found like the skulls?

I do think I missed one, maybe two terminals. Does anyone know if I have to play the whole game to retrieve them for credit, or can they be found like the skulls?

They're easier to find than skulls, as none are really "hidden" and you can use insertion points instead of having to replay an entire mission.

And here's a question for those who've beaten the game:

Anyone else notice the Library in the distance during the last mission? I hadn't even seen it until my fourth or fifth time through the game. It got a smile out of me, that's for sure.

I wonder if there are any other nuggets like that strewn through the game.

Yup :yes: I saw that. I've made a habit of reviewing levels with the camera going places I don't think I should be :p The last level certainly puts allot of things about Halo in perspective. I'm not sure I'm glad its over.

IMO the whole level of "Halo" is a nugget unto itself; tribute to the original game. Its not a carbon copy but I found myself smiling replaying these levels. Heck, I even loved the Cartographer level, though I was waiting for the "Anthem to Save the World" to kick in. One tune Marty should have re-added somewhere in the game.