Official/Un-official UK Neowin Meetup Thread

Hey everyone,

Welcome to the Neowin London Meet up 2007 thread!

- We are meeting on Saturday December the 8th at 10am at the Apple store in London. Directions to get there are shown at the following link:

MAP

- Plan is to look around for a while, then go on to either take a river taxi or a bus tour and then visa versa after.

- Nic-C is going to see if his sister still has a pass for the London eye, so this may also be an option later.

- We plan on lunch of pizza hut, burger king or ?5 chinese eat all you can in china town.

- After that if there is time, we plan on the science museum, or a museum of majority choice.

PLACES TO STAY>

- Snyper and Luna are booked in to a hotel called the St Giles Hotel. This goes for ?80 a night and has twin rooms for a little more. If there are enough, you may want to discuss booking a room with each other to save money. Information on this hotel can be found here:

St Giles Hotel

- When you arrive in London, you should get an Oyster from any shop or underground station and put ?6 on there. This will get you around all day on buses, trams and underground without the need to top up more.

Rich

Edited by Rich

Let me be the first to suggest.... Christmas! I await the replies. ;)

And sorry, can't make it.

Christmas is nice in London, however i cant see it working. To many people wanting to spend time with family etc, London is VERY busy that time of year and its damn cold then :(

I remember the last meetup that was planned... everyone except me and Homer pulled out so we just didn't bother.

If I were still down south I'd be tempted.

I will say a don't know at the moment and if I did manage to make it up I will stay in a hotel (no offence Rich ;) ) but if you mention a date and a time and a place and a roster and I will be there if I can!

What about Brisbane Australia?... Any takers??

Well thats a different story...that would mean I would have to see if I was free for at least a week!!! ;)

Well thats a different story...that would mean I would have to see if I was free for at least a week!!! ;)

Oh and btw... The girl in your sig... She's holding a lightsaber... but uhh... I notice one thing wrong :p haha!

What about Brisbane Australia?... Any takers??

You will need to ask if you can start another thread for that...

Can we please keep the thread to people who know they can come and would like to come.

Once we have enough interest, we can discuss ideas.

So what we know so far... Its in London and i can house 2 people for the night on our blow up bed and maybe another 2 people on the floor or sofa. (however, becauase of where i live, i have to insist people respect our flat and that we have to be quiet at night!)

Rich

Your a very very brave man allowing complete strangers in to your home :rofl: :laugh:

Your a very very brave man allowing complete strangers in to your home :rofl: :laugh:

Well i will know them by the end of the night, and if i think they are weirdos, they can sleep on the street with the other nutters :D

Looks like no one is seriously interested then?

I need more details until interest kicks in.

At the "no dates" stage, I'd say "yeah, I might",

until you can say.... "Xth of Xebember", I can't really give more than that.

I've not been out in London for ages. More details or ideas please before I commit and then just drop out. :p

Oh and btw... The girl in your sig... She's holding a lightsaber... but uhh... I notice one thing wrong :p haha!

Yeah I know but shes a geek so shes holding a star wars toy...that cool in itself :D

Yeah so Rich whats the plan for entertainment...Snyper bringing some Irish girls over? :laugh:

Yeah I know but shes a geek so shes holding a star wars toy...that cool in itself :D

She looks a bit like a girl I just met on my Computer Science course :p

I was surprised, cute girls and CompSci don't normally go together. She seems nice though!

Sorry about going off topic there...I do not think I will be able to make the meetup (I am sure you are all gutted) because I am a poor student now. You never know though, it depends when it is.

I need more details until interest kicks in.

At the "no dates" stage, I'd say "yeah, I might",

until you can say.... "Xth of Xebember", I can't really give more than that.

I've not been out in London for ages. More details or ideas please before I commit and then just drop out. :p

The problem is that we dont know what we are doing until we know how many people are interested. Should i put you down as interested? The more people who show interest the more we can start to discuss what to do etc.

Yeah so Rich whats the plan for entertainment...Snyper bringing some Irish girls over? :laugh:

I hope not! Ive seen the kind of girls he is in to :x

The problem is that we dont know what we are doing until we know how many people are interested. Should i put you down as interested? The more people who show interest the more we can start to discuss what to do etc.

Yeah, I guess. At this stage.

if:

# I'm free

# I don't have family plans / prior arrangements

# I'm not moving house

# It sounds like a good night out, nice pubs / nice meal

Then yeah (Y).

I'm up for it. But at this time of year, I'd seriously suggest this to happen in the new year. I'm getting busy real quick now.

New Year is great in London, however its very busy and im also not sure im going to be around then...

New Year is great in London, however its very busy and im also not sure im going to be around then...

Maybe just after next year like Feb 2008.

Bugger, if only I was 18! I can *easily* get up to London.

I'd probably get ID'd everywhere so there is no point me coming...

After July next year I'll be able to do the meet ups guys :D