Official/Un-official UK Neowin Meetup Thread

How much money do you anticipate a person to require for the day/s Rich?

top end going crazy....

fast food : ?5 - ?10

evening food : ?15 - ?20

drinks @ meal : ?10 - ?15

pub drinks : ?20

club entry : ?10

club drinks : ?20

I think I'll budget ?60-?100 and if it runs less, it's a bonus.

lol.. it'l prob cost me 1000.

I'l normally drink about 150 quids worth of booze in a good evening.

Plus the drinking challenges :laugh:

How much money do you anticipate a person to require for the day/s Rich?

In all honesty, taking in to consideration this is London, i would say ?100-?200 AFTER the cost of the day excursion. I believe this is ?140 for two people, so about ?65 per person.

That includes lunch in the price, however if we plan on eating out in the evening, if we do a resturant, its quite expensive, however we could o one of those ?6 all you can eat Chinese th:Dgs :D. They are dindgy smoke filled rooms that are filthy dirty most of the time, but the food is still :Dod :D.

If we go out drinking at night (which im sure most of us will&:)3; :)), it will be VERY expensive. Most places are about ?10 - ?15 entry alone and then drinks are a lot as well. Also if anyone is not staying in central London that night, it will be costly to get where they are staying, as i think the underground closes at 1am.

I personally live in the Greater London area so it will cost a taxi to get to mine after the clubs and pubs...

Im also still in debate weather anyone can stay at mine or not... Checked with the missus and she wasnt too pleased with th:(idea :(.

I wonder can Neobond take a punch?

Who said he is i:shifty:shifty:

I call shotgun on the taxi ride home.

Taxi has to be in sight to call 'shotgun'. You automatically can't call shotgun on the day. :p

Rich, once we get down to details, maybe it'd be safer to go to PMs. Don't want any crazies turning up on the day, well... crazier than what we have already.

I wonder what the excursion is.... excited!

edit : Maybe use Facebook to keep it private?

more edit : Rich, are we using yours as a meeting place, not neccessarily to stay over, but if I was to get a b+b, would it be best to get one

a) near to yours (whereever that is)

b) near the pubs/etc.

Taxi has to be in sight to call 'shotgun'. You automatically can't call shotgun on the day. :p

Rich, once we get down to details, maybe it'd be safer to go to PMs. Don't want any crazies turning up on the day, well... crazier than what we have already.

I wonder what the excursion is.... excited!

edit : Maybe use Facebook to keep it private?

more edit : Rich, are we using yours as a meeting place, not neccessarily to stay over, but if I was to get a b+b, would it be best to get one

a) near to yours (whereever that is)

b) near the pubs/etc.

The excursion is just a day out. Its a boattrip on the Thames, lunch and a trip on the London eye. Ill look in to this more.

I plan on PMing everyone my MSN address when we have a definitive list of people. Probably give it to the end of next week.

Then once we are all on MSN, we can make a time to have an MSN "meeting" to discuss everything.

PMing etc would be a nightmare.

Sounds like you've got it well worked out so far Rich :yes:

I am quite looking forward to the idea of meeting a few of you in person, should prove fun/interesting/weird :p

Sounds like you've got it well worked out so far Rich :yes:

I am quite looking forward to the idea of meeting a few of you in person, should prove fun/interesting/weird :p

To be honest im making it up as i go along. I didnt think we would get many people who where up for it.

Now there are 9 of us so far, that is enough to make this something better than just a night out. So i think end of next week should give us time to see if anyone else is interested and then we can start plannig more on what we want to do.

The next problem however is, that if we plan on booking something in advance, then i am not going to pay just for people not to turn up and then be out of pocket, so i plan on setting up or using someones paypal account if needed for people to pay the money in to, then after so many days, i will put people who have paid down on the sheet and then if they drop out, its them who loose the money.

Other than that, we will need to arganise something that does not require money up front, so we can all just pay for ourselves when we get there (which i would preffer)...

Anyway, we can discuss all this after next week.

Anyone else from the UK interested in the meetup?

Other than that, we will need to arganise something that does not require money up front, so we can all just pay for ourselves when we get there (which i would preffer)...

I think this would be better to assume. Even _real_ friends drop out and delay payment, let alone strangers on a forum.

It sounds nice to take a trip on the wheel and stuff, but we should just risk turning up on the day. If there are queues then we just nip down the pub instead and play on Millionaire.

I think this would be better to assume. Even _real_ friends drop out and delay payment, let alone strangers on a forum.

It sounds nice to take a trip on the wheel and stuff, but we should just risk turning up on the day. If there are queues then we just nip down the pub instead and play on Millionaire.

Haha. Yeah, sounds like a plan to me :D

The excursion is just a day out. Its a boattrip on the Thames, lunch and a trip on the London eye. Ill look in to this more.

I plan on PMing everyone my MSN address when we have a definitive list of people. Probably give it to the end of next week.

Then once we are all on MSN, we can make a time to have an MSN "meeting" to discuss everything.

PMing etc would be a nightmare.

my sister works at alton towers and part of her staff thing means she can get us on london eye for free (not sure she will give up 10 tickets or so :p) but i could ask when i get home from college

Is this more of a social gathering or a mega ****-up?

I think the day will be social and the evening will be social **** up :D

my sister works at alton towers and part of her staff thing means she can get us on london eye for free (not sure she will give up 10 tickets or so :p) but i could ask when i get home from college

That would be cool if she could get any discounted prices etc.

However bare in mind that going on the eye is just one idea and we may all decide on doing something else.

I think the day will be social and the evening will be social **** up :D

That would be cool if she could get any discounted prices etc.

However bare in mind that going on the eye is just one idea and we may all decide on doing something else.

alrighty, we could take snyper to go see the queen :p

Id hit that (Y)

... after nic's sister :shifty:

Hes got a sister! :woot:

Hold on, she isnt one of these sisters that looks just like their brother, but with long hair and makup is she? No offence, but i dont fancy waking up and seeing a female Nic laying next to me :/

Who is on the list so far?

Dunno if there is anyone else that you all speak to a lot that are local (e.g. UK) and might be interested in coming...

Maybe you could send PM invites if there are?

Who's up for a meeting in Nottingham?

Good city

Quite cheap

Good train/bus services

Easy to get to

quality bars

Edited by saxondale.