Nero 8 Ultra Edition 8.1.1.0 Released

You guys do realise you can weed out all the programs you don't want. My copy arrived yesterday and i'm loving it. It's faster than nero 7 when i comes to loading times and such and blends in nicely with vista also.

You guys do realise you can weed out all the programs you don't want. My copy arrived yesterday and i'm loving it. It's faster than nero 7 when i comes to loading times and such and blends in nicely with vista also.

Yeah we know. But we cannot choose what we want to download or not. and having to download one whole package but only using the burning part is just crazyyy :)

Yeah we know. But we cannot choose what we want to download or not. and having to download one whole package but only using the burning part is just crazyyy :)

Yeah, especially when most of us are super-tweak geeks who go for minimalistic to make the PC faster. Nero aint a "light" app.

Why Nero8 still force all Vista users to install the useless Nero Scout indexing component? :angry:

(start -> type: services -> look NMIndexingService service) :no:

In Windows Vista we already have the Windows Instant Search and so Nero Scout is useless!!!

Edited by franzon

Why Nero8 still force all Vista users to install the useless Nero Scout indexing component? :angry:

(start -> type: services -> look NMIndexingService service) :no:

In Windows Vista we already have the Windows Instant Search and so Nero Scout is useless!!!

Erm, I ran services but I do not see that in my list.

Vista Home here.

Hmmm.... they said they'd send an email with my serial upon release but I haven't received it yet.

Me either.

EDIT:

BUT, you can log back into your account at (shop)Nero.com and get the code and DL link. The address and user/Password are included with your receipt email you received.

Edited by Big_Daddy

Advice to people in the UK thinking of buying Nero 8:

Nero 8 costs ?49.99 from the website, but if you install the trial and keep opening and closing applications you will at some point get a message saying that you can purchase Nero 8 for a 'special offer', which is ?39.99.

Anybody who has pre-ordered Nero 8 or has just gone to the website and purchased it will have missed out on this offer.

This probably applies to other currencies/countries too.

Steve.

use this tool to fully uninstall Nero 7, run this tool after you have uninstall Nero 7 from Add/Rem Programs:

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/tools/General-CleanTool.zip

here is where i got it from:

http://www.nero.com/enu/support-nero7-tools-utilities.html

I used the general clean tool before installing nero 8 to uninstall nero 7 , but still it dont work.

I hope this update fixes the problem with the retail release that trying to burn something from startsmart gives you an error loading the "burn engine".

I can confirm that this error does not show up with this new verison.

Working good for me so far (Y)

Coming soon, in Nero 9:

• Nero SnapWrite - Complete Word Processing Solution

• Nero SpreadSheet - Complete Spreadsheeting Solution

• Nero SuperPres - Complete Presentation Solution

• Nero DataBase - Complete Database Solution

• Nero Burning Virus - Anti-Malware for your home

• Nero Burning Wall - Firewall for your PC, Mobile, Microwave and Fridge.

• Nero SpamControl - Complete AntiSpam Solution

• Nero ExpressShell - Easy Interface professional shell for Windows?

Also in development isNeroOS>™ - The Ultimate Solution for your Life. Stay Tuned!

Nero used to be cool, back in v6.

Now it's a bloated POS in virtually every way possible and each and every new version adds more and more apps that nobody asked for.

Coming soon, in Nero 9:

? Nero SnapWrite - Complete Word Processing Solution

? Nero SpreadSheet - Complete Spreadsheeting Solution

? Nero SuperPres - Complete Presentation Solution

? Nero DataBase - Complete Database Solution

? Nero Burning Virus - Anti-Malware for your home

? Nero Burning Wall - Firewall for your PC, Mobile, Microwave and Fridge.

? Nero SpamControl - Complete AntiSpam Solution

? Nero ExpressShell - Easy Interface professional shell for Windows?

Also iNeroOS is NeroOS? - The Ultimate Solution for your Life. Stay Tuned!

Can't wait :p

Coming soon, in Nero 9:

• Nero SnapWrite - Complete Word Processing Solution

• Nero SpreadSheet - Complete Spreadsheeting Solution

• Nero SuperPres - Complete Presentation Solution

• Nero DataBase - Complete Database Solution

• Nero Burning Virus - Anti-Malware for your home

• Nero Burning Wall - Firewall for your PC, Mobile, Microwave and Fridge.

• Nero SpamControl - Complete AntiSpam Solution

• Nero ExpressShell - Easy Interface professional shell for Windows?

Also in development isNeroOS>™ - The Ultimate Solution for your Life. Stay Tuned!

That sounds SICK! Where's your source though?

Here's the funny thing I pre-ordered (upgraded) and got it for $53CND (Canadain) was I lucky or is did everyone get it at that price (there wasnt any tax or anything just flat out $53 bucks). And I've just got the burning rom install and deselected everything else (including smart whatever that thing was ?) It seems to be more stable and MUCH quicker at burning (I did a test on two systems with the same specs, I shaved a minute off an Audio CD with 8.0 vs 7.0)

-Romeo

I don't know why so many people are complaining that Nero contains so many applications. It's not like the installer holds a gun to your head and forces you to install everything.

Here's what I did: I chose 'Custom Install' and selected only Nero Burning ROM, Nero Vision, and Nero Recode. All the other stuff (about 80% of the install list) I selected a big red cross, and you know what? The stuff didn't get installed! :rolleyes:

Steve.

:blink: does it come with its own OS?

haha, I said that at work back when nero 7 was released, its got so big now its crazy. They should just have an official micro version that just downloads the burning software