Nintendo to offer FREE Wiimote sleeves!

I came across this on the Nintendo website. They will start shipping silicone sleeves for the Nintendo Wii for FREE for any Wii owners on October 15th. Nintendo also announced that they will be shipping new Wii's with them effective immediatelly. Make sure you order yours using the links below.

Order links:

United States / Canada

Japan

UK / Ireland

South Africa

Germany

Netherlands

Belgium

France

Luxemburg

Italy

Spain

Australia

NOTE** If you receive the message:

Not Found

The requested URL /cartlinkJT/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

THEN

Wii Remote Jacket Accessory Offer

Our records indicate that your request for additional Wii Remote Jacket(s) has exceeded the maximum quantity allowed per Wii serial number.

Just wait a couple days and try again. Most people are having this problem and it was confirmed by Nintendo. They are working to fix the issue. It ships on October 15th anyways so you have time to sort this problem out by then.

post-22518-1191330698_thumb.jpg

I don't know about you but that looks like it is pretty high quality.

Edited by obsolete_power

Thanks, I live in Iceland. :)

Unfortunately I cannot find a website that lets you order the sleeves for Iceland but I will keep looking.

I fail to see the need for these; however, for free, sure why not!

Well for one they will protect your Wii remote from scratches and hand sweat. So the sleeve serves the purpose of grip as well as protecting the remote from damage. They are quite expensive to replace so this is a real plus for me.

also... would it be a chance for nintendo to become 'big brother' and collect our information... maybe i'm just cynical, or maybe this is their world domination plans. first step the straps, 2nd step wiimote jackets, 3rd step human bubble wrap

i for one welcome our new overlords *affixes a big N to forehead*

huh?

Wii Remote Jacket Accessory Offer

Our records indicate that your request for additional Wii Remote Jacket(s) has exceeded the maximum quantity allowed per Wii serial number.

how?! I just right now saw this and just now entered my serial number... how did I exceed the max already?

huh?

how?! I just right now saw this and just now entered my serial number... how did I exceed the max already?

Yea don't worry about this. I already called Nintendo as I was getting the same message and they told me that it is happening to everyone. They said wait a couple days and try again.

Maybe I should have ordered more than 1, but I only have one Wii controller (I got a Wii yesterday!). Will these start coming on controller packs from now?