Woman Sues Over Apple's iPhone Price Cut

this women is a complete idiot....first she's an idiot for rushing out and spending 500.00...then she became more of an idiot because they ran out of the 8g model...so she just had to have an iPhone and got the 4g model...now shes a total idiot for thinking she can sue...whats next...this moron going to sue General Motors because the price of a car gone up since 1943 prices.

Where in the article does it state that they ran out of the 8GB model? From what I understand she made the choice to buy the 4GB model. Maybe the 8GB was to expensive at the time for her (yeah I know that's stupid, but we don't know her excuse, so we can't assume they ran out of 8GB models when the article doesn't say they did).

Where in the article does it state that they ran out of the 8GB model? From what I understand she made the choice to buy the 4GB model. Maybe the 8GB was to expensive at the time for her (yeah I know that's stupid, but we don't know her excuse, so we can't assume they ran out of 8GB models when the article doesn't say they did).

I'm looking for the News Article...but it said they ran out of the 8g model while she was waiting and decided to get the 4g model....it also said..she was upset first, because of the 8g price cut...but now that she's a total idiot and got the 4g because she couldn't wait...im sure the lawyer is making her say...she ALWAYS (all her life) wanted ONLY the 4g...what a joke.

never rely on just one article for facts.....LOL...your dealing with the 'Press'..they are in the same catagory as Ambulance Chasing Lawyers.

You do realize that there are 300,000,000+ Americans, right? I'd say the % of people who actually sue someone or a company is pretty small. The only reason we hear about it is because of the amount of news coverage and how fast news travels these days.

That and the fact that America is built on the dream of getting rich quick. What better way to do it than sue someone? But don't say typical American. Not everyone, in fact most probably don't, go sue happy.

You're wrong. United States of America is the country that sues more than any other country in the world by a great difference. Believe me, you barely BARELY see things like this happening in other countries, I've lived in 4 different countries. When it comes to the USA, some stuff gets reeeaaaaal freaky. :)

You're wrong. United States of America is the country that sues more than any other country in the world by a great difference. Believe me, you barely BARELY see things like this happening in other countries, I've lived in 4 different countries. When it comes to the USA, some stuff gets reeeaaaaal freaky. :)

Umm... maybe I missed something, but did I say it happens a lot in other countries? Did I say it didn't happen a lot here? I believe what I said was that based on how many people who live in this country, the actual % of people who are sue happy is low.

Do you know anyone personally that has ever sued anyone? Besides myself, I don't know anyone personally who has ever sued anyone.

She's a moron for buying it in the first place.

Wow... yeah, I have one and love it. Have you tried one? Calling her a moron for buying it also calls me and anyone on this board who bought one a moron. :rolleyes:

Wow... yeah, I have one and love it. Have you tried one? Calling her a moron for buying it also calls me and anyone on this board who bought one a moron. :rolleyes:

No, s/he said she is a moron.

Personally I don't understand why people need cell phones anyways.

Waste of money.

Their choice not mine, the woman is still a moron and if she wishes to sue me then bring it on.

Moron for buying new stuff, It's always overpriced at first.

Moron for buying new stuff, It's always overpriced at first.

Of course it is. But someone has to buy the product for it to survive. That's the cost of being an early adopter. I knew that when I bought it, which is why I don't care that Apple lowered the price only two months after releasing it. That's risk early adopters take. But if there are no early adopters, then the product goes away or nothing new ends up coming to the product. I don't think she's a moron for being an early adopter, I think she's a moron for complaining about it.

Oh my god. This is pathetic. At best, she should get the cab fare home.

She missed out by $200, not $1m.

That's the cost of being an early adopter.

Buy something at a premium knowing there will be a negative impact (bugs, price reductions) - just to be the first?

But if there are no early adopters, then the product goes away or nothing new ends up coming to the product.

The then product was a fad.

To me - early adopters pay a premium to be glorified testers. So many products are released to the market before they have bugs ironed out. I used to always be an early adopter, and now see that was rather moronic of me.

But then again, it's all down to the finances and priorities of the individual.

To me - early adopters pay a premium to be glorified testers.

But then again, it's all down to the finances and priorities of the individual.

No arguments there.

I think every time a company like this gets sued for something stupid, they and the state it's happening in should both countersue for being a nuisance and a waste of time/money. That'd stop these idiots from trying real fast.

-Spenser

Way more then 300 million americans... since you have to include canada and mexico in that... they are "Americans" too technically... now if you mean the USA then that is different... I don't really like when people use the generic term americans... which is a ton more people then just the USA..

People from America call themselves American. People from Mexico call themselves Mexican. Guess what people from Canada call themselves...? Please don't act as if you are correcting a mistake based on something that only you find objectionable. In all MY travels, I have never heard anyone refer to the people of Peru as any sort of American...

People from America call themselves American. People from Mexico call themselves Mexican. Guess what people from Canada call themselves...? Please don't act as if you are correcting a mistake based on something that only you find objectionable. In all MY travels, I have never heard anyone refer to the people of Peru as any sort of American...

South American.

Anyone who lives in the American continent, even us on the Caribbean, are Americans.

"Gringos" are the ones who live in the USA. Now, the correct word for "gringo"? That one I don't know.

I bought a PS2 years ago when they came out for ?200 or whatever, but only got ?60 for it on Ebay, so am debating wether or not to sue Sony for ?10-ca-trillion-bajillion's.

Think i'll win?

Maybe she will win...

If she has good lawyers, maybe she will...and then everyone here will be crazy ehehhe

Chill out, she has the liberty of suing whoever she wants, its her option, so we have to respect her action on having all this trouble facing a big company like Apple.

She has her "balls" and i respect that, if all would do like her, maybe companys that make cheap gadgets dont try to sell them and big prices, and when they see its not selling they drop the price leaving many , furious.

Hope she wins

Maybe she will win...

If she has good lawyers, maybe she will...and then everyone here will be crazy ehehhe

Chill out, she has the liberty of suing whoever she wants, its her option, so we have to respect her action on having all this trouble facing a big company like Apple.

She has her "balls" and i respect that, if all would do like her, maybe companys that make cheap gadgets dont try to sell them and big prices, and when they see its not selling they drop the price leaving many , furious.

Hope she wins

Wha...?

She's to be respected for filing frivolous lawsuits?

Everyone needs to be respected, and maybe she will open a precendent in the law and make firms stick to certian price rules, they cant play around with prices with big cuts like this one.

Hey i dont own an iphone , just giving my oppinion. There are rules protecting the consumer why cant be one more? I think everyone would be gratefull.

If Apple covers costs and have revenues selling this new price why they started with the 600$ on start?

Its playing fools of us if you ask me....

Cheers