I can't uninstall windowblinds

I don't like it, I regret buying it.

Now that we're past that, let's just leave that out of it.

I head over to the program's uninstall button, this comes up Windowblinds%206.0%20Problem%2004.png

I try the add/remove applet Windowblinds%206.0%20Problem%2004.png

I restart and try again Windowblinds%206.0%20Problem%2004.png

I check, but since it used that really ****ed up installer, it didn't make a ****ing restore point.

What now?

EDIT: Windowblinds 6

EDIT2: Nvm, I found the old thread. Pls lock/delete

& thats the main reason i stopped using stardock products well that & i switched to vista which i dont need to have anything skinned

Stardock apps have had that problem as long as I've used them. I'm surprised that they've yet to figure out how to fix it. (If they're even trying)

I don't think it's Stardock's problem necessarily. It seems once the Wise uninstaller corrupts itself, all programs that use it have that problem. (To fix: you need to rename the install.log to something else, then the uninstaller will let you browse for the file; then you can rename it back to install.log and select it)

That is why it is so recommended to use SDC to install all products. Then you never have this problem. I have been doing it this way since wb4.x days and have never run into a problem.

I don't think it's Stardock's problem necessarily. It seems once the Wise uninstaller corrupts itself, all programs that use it have that problem. (To fix: you need to rename the install.log to something else, then the uninstaller will let you browse for the file; then you can rename it back to install.log and select it)

Or you can remove the install.log file to another location (I usually just move it 'up the tree'). Then Wise will ask for the location, and you'll be in buisness.

Point is, though, is that this has been going on for years. Maybe Stardock should use a functional installer? Maybe it's a Wise problem, but it's a Stardock problem from my perspective if they keep using broken software.

And easy solution is

1. open command prompt (Start > Run > cmd)

2. navigate to windowblinds folder

3. type unwise install.log

I don't know why the installer couldn't find install.log since its there in the folder.

Yup, the WISE installer is probably the only installer where such install.log is missing for most of the time. Maybe its time for Stardock to consider changing to InstallShield, where it functions more like a typical windows installer.

(I have problems with the WISE installer for Getright [They change to Inno Setup for the new versions], Steam [old version uses Inno3D, new one unknown], various other programs)