Safari 0.8.1

Is Safari eventually going to be a tabbed browser?

Everyone is screaming bloody murder about tabs, so if Apple listens to user input (which they said they will...one of the main reasons of releasing Safari in a Beta stage), there should be tabs in Safari's future. ;)

i've heard some people say that there is NO way apple will add tabs.

others say that it's only a matter of time before apple DOES add them.

i think apple will hammer our showstopper bugs and get overall performace perfected, then work on feature requests that are.... trivial.... in the whole scheme of things.

i do think that eventually safari will have tabs. heck, i think eventually all browsers will have tabs. it will just be a standard feature very soon.

One thing that I haven't seen any browser on the Mac do is shortcuts for the different windows. E.g. BBEdit allows you to hit Cmd + 1, Cmd + 2, and so on, for the different windows you have open. This is MUCH faster than going up to Window and selecting the appropriate window from that list. I don't understand why the browsers haven't taken up this great little shortcut.

i just hope they fix the animated gif bug. also i'd like it to let me access sites without verified certificates. my school's network authorization page won't load because of this, heh.

You can fix the certificate acceptance thing with the debug menu. Type this in terminal to turn it on:

defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1