Call of Duty 4 General Discussion ( Xbox 360 )

I know i may be very late to this party but I just picked up this game yesterday and from the get go it made love to all my gaming sense's a truly beautiful art form of a game :yes:

Xbox 360 Call of Duty fellow fighters, I bought the PC copy too and even though I have PC gaming heritage, since the start of PCs, I have to tell you that Xbox 360 version is so much more intense, faster paced and just plain joy to play over PC version. PC version just simply doesn't have that feeling. PC version has much more users supported and it gets very frustrating and overcrowded when you go past 16 players, not to mention that the feeling of controls is much better on Xbox 360 despite the mouse/keyboard lack.

Just FYI.

I agree Boz,

I uninstalled the PC version as soon as Punkbuster kicked me, because it failed to initialize ... Even though it was installed & activated.

There's also the lack of Leaderboards & no real persistent rank, when you re-install the game, your rank resets. ( Why not let the rank be bound to your Cd-key? )

Xbox 360 is where the fun is.

On another note, how many in here plays Hardcore modes? ( S&D and Team Deatmatch ). Not a single Call of Duty 4 player on my friends list plays hardcore modes =/

snip

Consoles is where the fun is.

On another note, how many in here plays Hardcore modes? ( S&D and Team Deatmatch ). Not a single Call of Duty 4 player on my friends list plays hardcore modes =/

Fixed that for you :p

I strictly play Hardcore modes - got tired of the BB pellets you shoot with in regular :p

Any word on a mappack? The maps are getting :sleep:

Yea.. i just hit level 50 and am def ready for a few new maps... i havent ventured over to the hardcore modes... mainly because I have been trying to complete the rest of my challenges first.... have about 15 left... once complete... ill def be checking out the hardcore modes...

I tinkered with the Hardcore modes on the PS3 version since that is what I have been playing the past month. I almost thought they were to easy. :| What I mean is one good shot the person is dead, and while I am used to that as I played the hell out of Counter Strike on the PC, it almost took the fun out of it... almost. I will play some hardcore modes here and there no doubt, as it was a nice deviation, I just like Headquarters a lot.

What sucks is I cannot combine my ranks, challenges, etc for the PS3 version and 360 version, so I am somewhere around 18 or something on the 360, do not even remember honestly, I think I am 21 on the PS3.

Should be playing tonight hopefully, but may not be as my wife is home sick. We will see.

Yea.. i just hit level 50 and am def ready for a few new maps... i havent ventured over to the hardcore modes... mainly because I have been trying to complete the rest of my challenges first.... have about 15 left... once complete... ill def be checking out the hardcore modes...

You can complete challenges in hardcore mode too :p

How far are you in Ranks hule?

Currently at lvl 17 - 1st prestige level (Gold plate with gray/silver eagle)

That sound when you achieve something, like a level or a challenge feels so good :D missed that..

Now they popup all the time since I havent completed any challenges :p

Yeah, i said to myself i wasn't gonna go do more than one prestige mode.

But you get sick of the icon, you want those XP points to count for something, you miss the challenges, the level music - You also figure out along the way, the pre-40 weapons are great :laugh:

I mean, M21 as sniper, M4 as assault rifle, RPD as support, MP5 as CQB - All my weapon needs right there.

But i gotta say, not looking forward to the fifth prestige mode, the little yellow potato man :/ My god that thing is ugly ... fugly rather.

But i gotta say, not looking forward to the fifth prestige mode, the little yellow potato man :/ My god that thing is ugly ... fugly rather.

lol yeah it looks horrible. i actually only like the 2nd, 6th and 8th icons. i'm on my first prestige mode right now...don't know if i'll stop when i get to the second one.

Yeah, i said to myself i wasn't gonna go do more than one prestige mode.

But you get sick of the icon, you want those XP points to count for something, you miss the challenges, the level music - You also figure out along the way, the pre-40 weapons are great :laugh:

I mean, M21 as sniper, M4 as assault rifle, RPD as support, MP5 as CQB - All my weapon needs right there.

it looks like a fuzzy peach