• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Keep Neowin work safe

Panacik    27
Rich mate. Seriously. Your mod wannabeness is sickening.

Thanks for prooving a point (Y)

+StevoFC    21
would it not be possible to have it set in a cookie whether we want the latest activity showing all or just the tech related topics?

that way you can login at home and have it set to all, and then at work/school/uni/whatever login and set it to just tech related.

yeah, that would be a good idea.

Shof    0
no flood control

you sure about? Because i was getting that stupid warning that every post has be like 30 sec different

Panacik    27
you sure about? Because i was getting that stupid warning that every post has be like 30 sec different

Same here...

hotdog666al    31
Why is everybody looking at me? :huh: ;)

No, in future any "jokes" im may have that have any potentila to be considered risque or ambigious will only be posted in the subscribers area.

So, now fellow sick minded individuals must subscribe to view them and support Neowin;)

I'm quite sure there would be a huge burst of new subscribers if you actually did only post your jokes in 168 from now on!

Neobond should list that as a subscriber plus, "Email Address, Blog and... Snyper Jokes".

Panacik    27
I'm quite sure there would be a huge burst of new subscribers if you actually did only post your jokes in 168 from now on!

Neobond should list that as a subscriber plus, "Email Address, Blog and... Snyper Jokes".

Lol.

Panacik    27
To correct Neobond on one detail, flood control was never disabled for subscribers. Neobond probably remembers us discussing that but it was never implemented.

Sheesh, can i get my money back then :rofl:

Fred Derf    217
Sheesh, can i get my money back then :rofl:

Actually, I edited Neobond's statement back to its original wording.

Neobond has just recently removed flood control for subscribers.

/me waits for the flood... :p

Panacik    27

Oh noes! You shouldnt have done that :shifty:

Time to flood :D

Shof    0

Damn it! Flooding was better with no filter

snyper    0
Actually, I edited Neobond's statement back to its original wording.

Neobond has just recently removed flood control for subscribers.

/me waits for the flood... :p

I remember the flood control issue. As a neospammer i dont have a problem with it, its hardly a serious issue relitavely speaking.

I do however agree, as one of the major culprets in posting questionable material that the issue needs to be addressed for worksafe reasons and to encourage new members to sign up, and not mislead n00bs as to the style of site this is, and such spam and flaming discourages n00bs from posting.

Personally it see it as a different matter in light hearted issue threads. But certainly not in tec or serious issue debats in the RWI

I would strongly discourage spamming and flaming in tec request threads, because afterall that is the bread and butter of this forum.

+M2Ys4U    97

If you're going to be filtering out certain forums, can we not just have them toggleable? (is that a word?)

I, for one, have no interesting the NeoBahn, but I don''t mind seeing posts from elsewhere.

gtho    1

snyper, how grown up waz teh in ^

Steven P.    13,919

We will add an RSS feed for all the off topic forums..

Mike    89
If you're going to be filtering out certain forums, can we not just have them toggleable? (is that a word?)

I, for one, have no interesting the NeoBahn, but I don''t mind seeing posts from elsewhere.

that's kinda like what i suggested although that has been lost down to the influx of pointless off topic replies

hotdog666al    31

RSS is made of win!

Hurray :)

snyper    0

Can i be retarded and ask what an RSS feed is?

Panacik    27
Can i be retarded and ask what an RSS feed is?

You can install and RSS ticker which sits somewhere you want on your screen and streams information along like an information board. The information is taken from certain posts in areas of Neowin or any site which you setup in the ticker.

SnowRanger13    27

While I'm the one that blocks sites at our office It's still good to hear long as I'm not in the Subscriber area I don't have to worry about anything showing up on my screen and a coworker reading it that might get me in trouble :yes:

Steven P.    13,919

Outlook 2007 has a function to add RSS feeds and it downloads those topics so you can view them just like you would email.

post-2-1192198522_thumb.png

snyper    0
While I'm the one that blocks sites at our office It's still good to hear long as I'm not in the Subscriber area I don't have to worry about anything showing up on my screen and a coworker reading it that might get me in trouble :yes:

The one thing that i do question is...

If you are browsing teh net in the office, let it be for tec info on your lappy or a snyper joke about buggering animals - does it make a difference either way if you work in an office for a solicitor (lawyer for you yanks ;) ) etc.. either way "we" should be working and not neowinning...

Just being devils advocate here..

Lt-DavidW    2

I'm behind you on this one. There were threads showing up in the activity list that may have looked questionable to any of the peeps that sit behind me at work. And they're a fussy complaining bunch!

DeleteMyHistory    23

I agree that GD should be removed from the ticker, but I would hate to see all mature content moved to subscribers only. While that might be enough motivation for some to pay up (including myself) the discussion on inappropriate topics would suffer due to a much small user pool. While such topics are not what this site is primarily for it is a good way for me to relax and communicate with like minded individuals.

I enjoy being able to come to this site and read about/discuss the latest tech news as well as kicking back and making a few off-color jokes.

SnowRanger13    27
The one thing that i do question is...

If you are browsing teh net in the office, let it be for tec info on your lappy or a snyper joke about buggering animals - does it make a difference either way if you work in an office for a solicitor (lawyer for you yanks ;) ) etc.. either way "we" should be working and not neowinning...

Just being devils advocate here..

I'm working and Neowinning, I'm a great Multitasking :p

null_    4

I agree with this, I tend to read some of the threads and keep up with the front page while I'm at work and I've noticed lately there have been a lot more posts which haven't quite been "kosher".