The Gamer section is in Beta

Wanna help create the gamers section? the page (in beta form) is here: https://www.neowin.net/tester.shtml

NeoGamers Logo:

The dimensions should be the same as the current one 181x223 (or very near it)

The title should include NeoGamers

NeoGamers Border:

The primary colors are what you see, and we are also thinking of a Chrome border we have the psd files for the current border and you can download them here if you think you can make a suitable border.

Credit:

If your border and/or logo is displayed, you will receive credit for it on the final page =o)

The HTML coding for this page should be ignored =oP it has been created this way to give you and us a visual guideline to what we want.

Thought for the section ..

1) Reviews obviously the new games on the scene (not many atm, summer blows for releases)

2) Compatability with XP / Mac / *nix

3) Beta games in testing (public and preferably private if anyone ever gets accepted to these things)

4) Online games such as Planetarion (yeah blatent plug I know) or Mechwars

5) Gaming related hardware, tho this would be difficult as it would mostly be ripping reviews from other sites

Just somin to keep the thread going :)

More thoughts while I was fraggin away ...

1) Frag section, post yer best screen grabs?

2) Server reports, where to play, ping times?

3) Clan news. I dont get into this a lot but I'm sure we have to have serious hardcore players here.

4) Custom Neowin tournaments ? Gotta be a hit :)

As I said, just my two pence worth :)

1. How about sources (preferably programs not source code) for developing games! I myself am looking for graphics engines or battle engines.... RAD (Rapid Application Developmen) kits would be great too!

2. Also how about tutorials for how to pull off some cool tricks for *insert coding language her*.

3. And last, but not least an open source project for the whole neogamers community too take part in! or to help create new groups for developing or spreading ideas!

I'm working on a possible logo atm which is lookin' l337...of course neo has the final say in which one gets used but i think i should be given a chance. :)

I'll e-mail it neo when i'm done :)

"The Smack Fu is strong in this one" :ninja:

as promised here is my attempt at the neogamers logo.

heh i'm not as good at graphics as sean who used to work on WP with me but i made a damn good attempt i think :)

neogamers.gif

:ninja: ownage

well wheather it gets used or not i had fun doing it....which is the whole point i guess :)

and YES i know it says neogamer instead of neogamers......but i think neogamer sounds better :p

Well, even though I pulled an all-nighter last night, and have been up for over 24 hours, Ross still asked me do logo's, so in a vain attempt, here they are, and no these are not final.

NeoGamer - Nice Grayish Green/Blue

neogamer1.jpg

NeoGamer - In a more vibrant blue

neogamer2.jpg

- Daphoid

daphoid@home.com

well let's say no more than 125 a person cause more than that would become ridiculous :D