67% Of Wii Owners Haven't Used The Console Recently

Tuesday 16-Oct-2007 11:37 AM What are you waiting for? Mario Galaxy?

A Japanese report has revealed that, while Nintendo's Wii may be dominating sales charts around the world, almost three quarters of the install base hasn't picked up a Remote in a long time.

The report also questions why there hasn't been a second wave of Wii hysteria similar to the one that accompanied Wii Sports.

Coming from Hirokazu Hamamura, president of Famitsu publisher Enterbrain, the report expects DS sales to smash the 30 million shipment mark IN THE FACE sometime in 2009.

But Hamamura also said that Wii hasn't seen a second big hit at the level of Wii Sports, and cited figures that suggest 67 percent of Wii owners haven't used the system of late, reports IGN. He thinks Wii Fit could draw back some attention though.

Quick tell your mum and gran to get back into Wii!

Gavin Ogden

Source: CVG

+1 to that :p Can't remember the last time I turned mine on :blink:

I think Wii is great for some people, but some people like me just wouldn't use it that much.

I enjoy playing Wii at some of my friends but I don't think I'd use it much if I owned one.

Hence while I am glad I was able to sell my used Wii while it was still hard to get and in high demand.

Granted I used the money from the sale for my PS3 which is also collecting dust as well, but eventually I am going to play it much more than I ever would the Wii.

Yeah. I played it a lot initially (Wii Sports, Brain Academy especially) but my interest dropped and I find myself not using it. They need better games. Still, I've got a lot of use out of it and it's great for parties / when friends are over.

I haven't played in a while, but that's mostly because of Halo 3 :laugh:

However, when the great titles drop this season I'll definitely be playing it more.

Yeah havn't played mine at all really since May, it was used once when company was over for Wii sports. I do plan on getting Metriod eventually.

Havent played mine for yonks!! Only gets used when friends come round before we go out on the town on the p!ss.

May purchase Mario Party 8 as this will be a gd laugh before town but as it is nothing else grabs my attention.

Shame really.

I should of bought a 360 instead of my Wii.

It is Wiikey'd though :whistle:

Wii might be winning on hardware sales, but I think platform software sales would be interesting.

Hardly a surprise. I don't own a Wii, but my Nintendo DS is unused - apart from the fact I solely use it as an alarm clock. I haven't bought a game for it since the day I bought the console and games together in May '05. Personally, I've gone off Nintendo now, and I can see why people aren't using Wii's much.

Hardly a surprise. My Nintendo DS is also unused - apart from the fact I solely use it as an alarm clock.

DS, PSP, PS2, Megadrive (genesis), Mac mini, gamecube (till i sold it)

I really should stop buying this stuff.

LOL...add another to the list

Wii Sports was fun...but I havent been impressed with pretty much any game Ive rented...football was fun, it made it more interesting, wario ware was fun, but i beat it in a night, and besides those...there is maybe only a small handful that are fun (to me at least). Cant wait for the new Mario kart though...I will be playing that up online quite often <.<

Nintendos REALLY dropped the ball.

I sold mine a month back, never played it, never any new games coming out besides Nintendo or party games.

Shame. It annoys me it stills sells so well.

Nintendos REALLY dropped the ball.

I sold mine a month back, never played it, never any new games coming out besides Nintendo or party games.

Shame. It annoys me it stills sells so well.

Its only until everyone else realizes that.

You shouldn't be annoyed, you should be happy that other people are biting the hook like you did, so you're not alone.