67% Of Wii Owners Haven't Used The Console Recently

Completely off topic: I haven't turned on my 360 in ages

Oh and regarding this topic: It was just a fad/fascination that will wear off... prediction :p

Hardly a surprise. I don't own a Wii, but my Nintendo DS is unused - apart from the fact I solely use it as an alarm clock. I haven't bought a game for it since the day I bought the console and games together in May '05. Personally, I've gone off Nintendo now, and I can see why people aren't using Wii's much.

Hah, I thought I was the only person who used it as an alarm clock :p.

But I do actually use my DS. The last time I used it was Friday. I don't use it alot though, I really need to get homebrew on this thing-then I'd be using it loads... snes emulators!

edit: I don't have a Wii, because I knew it'd go unused. I have a cube, and still use it. Smash bros. is so awesome :p.

Edited by Guest

I still don't agree with the fad idea. I just think they need to get more and better games out there and then we'll stop seeing these discussions.

I play madden 2008 from time to time, but the bugs and slow response in the game when playing online makes me turn the wii back off.

I still don't agree with the fad idea. I just think they need to get more and better games out there and then we'll stop seeing these discussions.

I'm kinda 50/50 with you on that. I think up to now it's been pretty much a fad living off the success from word of mouth. i.e Going round to a friends house and having some fun in groups. Once the person goes out and buys it though they rarely use it on their own if at all anymore.

They definately need games, that is the biggest down side right now. Once we see the big titles coming it will get better hopefully, but I still think Nintendo take far too long to develop the Zeldas, marios etc. If we only get Twilight Princess this generation I will be very annoyed and disappointed :(

Once the games start flowing and the ports dry up, hopefully Nintendo open up their online network more and we can finally see some good use of it. The friend codes will always be a pain in the ass, but it's a small sacrifice in the end.

i power mine on every week to do the Everybody Votes channel with my family.

me and my daughter have been looking forward to Smash Brothers for a while now.

looks like we will get Mario Galaxy instead now.

Yeah I haven't been using my Wii all that much since release. I was playing it non stop for a while but Wii Sports got old, and I already finished Zelda. I use it a lot to play Smash Brothers Melee, now that I finally have a console for it, and once GH3/Mario Galaxy/Brawl come out I'm going to be using the crap out of that console.

and yet people came after me with pitch forks and torches when I said no OEM wanted to accept orders from Nintendo because they saw this coming long time ago... :rolleyes:

Yes but whicever OEM has will of made a small fortune. I'm pretty sure they didn't imagine selling 20,000,000+ Wii's in such a short space of time.

Yes but whicever OEM has will of made a small fortune. I'm pretty sure they didn't imagine selling 20,000,000+ Wii's in such a short space of time.

where are you getting the 20 million units figure from? :p

and you know that every time an OEM get a contract from a company they need to modify the plant to produce whatever they need to do? so, if you invest $20 million conditioning your plant for a contract that will last less than year is not such a good idea after all... :no:

lol true, aint played the Wii for ages, i think the novelty of the wii mote died off real quickly and games are not really all that. Bought it for my bro initially and he has not played on it either :o . My family does like it though out of all consoles i own, they say its the best one but no one ever seems to be playing on it. Might get it modded in future which might reignite my intrest in it, but at the moment im its all good with the PS360 combo, cant wait to get the 360 back and PS3 fixed

Use my Wii Quite often. MP3, I play my old GC game on it, RE4, WiiSports, Zelda....

I have no quibbles with the current game offerings.

I like it, but if I could trade it for a 360 or PS3 I would. However I wouldn't want to waste the money involved with buying either of htose systems.

Alot of people around the college student age actually sell and rebuy Wiis when a good game comes out. I've seen quite a few people come into my store when MP3 came out to buy a new Wii for that game because they sold it after Wii sports because nothing else was on the system.

I really think that Mario Galaxy is going to be a huge game. As much as I don't admire Nintendo overall I love me some damn Mario and the more I hear about the game the more it sounds like it's going to be an epic game. I think Mario will probably be the #2 selling title this year after Halo 3, or after Madden howeever it works out, but those 3 I believe will be the top 3.

If Nintendo expands the online abilities of the system and it's game it would get alot of playtime. While the 360 has some amazingly good games, the simple truth is if it had the same online level as the Wii,, you probably wouldn't be playing the 360 either.

I believe the numbers. I don't think it should be that high, there are games out there worth playing, but I believe that a lot of people just haven't gotten them.

Edited by Danrarbc

That doesn't really surprise me, wasn't Wii's target audience more leaning towards "casual gamers" than hardcore ones? But then again, some games are geared for both audiences. I'm only using my Wii for weather, News and the Vote Channel, I'm waiting for Metroid (Aus) and Mario and Brawl.