Looking for a way to batch convert m4a's to mp3

I have a huge music collection comprised mostly of mp3's, but there are probably 5 or 6 hundred m4a's scattered in there (all unprotected of course).

Is there a program I can point at my music folder and have it convert the m4a's to mp3 and remove the original m4a's?

My music folder is set up like this

Music > Artist > Album (for the most part) > files

I'd like to point it at the music folder and have it scan the subdirs itself.

Thanks!

Another way is to just burn the m4a's on a cd. Then rip them back onto your computer as mp3

Perhaps you missed the part where I said I had several hundred m4a's?

It would be faster to manually convert them one by one than to burn and rip them all.

Thanks tho.

Perhaps you missed the part where I said I had several hundred m4a's?

It would be faster to manually convert them one by one than to burn and rip them all.

Thanks tho.

you are right, i did miss that. Probably cause my whole mp3 collection is only 320 songs or so :)

you are right, i did miss that. Probably cause my whole mp3 collection is only 320 songs or so :)

I've never had my mp3 collection cause me to not read something, how exactly does that work?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know a free app?

My mum has just over 300 songs in AAC and MP3 format, as well as about 10-20 protected AAC songs (which I assume I have no hope in hell of converting) and she just brought a cheap-ish stereo that only takes MP3.

Thanks for the mediacoder suggestion, works well.

But it can't read any of the tags in the AAC file, so every song is "Untitled Song by Untitled Artist"

Edit: Nevermind, used Tag&Rename to rename all the files, thanks for the help guys.

Edited by The_Decryptor