951 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find Neowin?

• A Google (Search) Result
    • From a friend/acquaintance
    • At work
    • By a news story
    • From TV/Radio
    • Link exchange / Linked from another site

I remember finding Neowin because I was looking for information on this thing called Whistler. I then lurked for a long time until I finally joined, posted for a while, and now I'm back to lurking again.

To get feedback on a website.

Infact, I was just looking back on some of my earlier posts and it was almost cringeworthy - don't know how you guys put up with me :p

A few examples:-

You didnt look 2 hard

The amazing extraordinary spectucularily easily found link to IE6 download

Have fun!

--- ergh, how rude was that?

Bump?

--- you don't see bump that often these days...

Installed on an extremely old Pentium II earlier and it rox! Its replaced firefox as my default browser on 2 of my PC's now.

--- rox, eh?

It's like looking through a book of photos of you when you were younger.

I believe it was major IRC spamming on #winbeta or somewhere similar that got me to first visit the site. I lurked around for quite some time before registering...

I really don't remember, but it was probably reading some news, decided to register.

that sounds about right for me to.

and boldfire you aren't the only one who's internet grammar has evolved also.

two things brought me to neowin...1.google search on xp themes, visual style or something like that. 2. a google search on the succesor to windows xp at the time longhorn. like 5 years ago.

I think I was looking at how to tweak Windows or something like that. Thats what I used to do, just mess about with Windows all the time.

No time for that anymore! I just kinda plod along now I spose. :p

I found NeoWin when "Tech T.V." was the "big thrill".....(long and gone.......but I officially registered with neowin in 2001-ish.....then lost my internet for a few years.......but I've had it back for more years than I was without.....and I've lingered for a long time as well as some of the previous posters, but I still hang around).....and, I still love this place! (Much joy goes toward "snyper".....dude, I would buy U a beer anytime....that is, if you were to visit west Texas, US......), and although I don't post very often, I have to say, I still love this place!!! (Neowin, that is!!!)

ObiWanKenobi

PS: My age is like a ninja :shiftyninja: I'm not ever....EVER telling my official age.....in life, you're as old as you think you are, enough wisdom for now. :D

Edited by obiwankenobi

I found neowin many years ago (probably around 2001 or 02) from an affiliate banner at the www.the-ctrl-alt-del.com news site.

I visit neowin back from then, but I never bothered to get into the forums :p

It took you 6-7 years to register, only took me one! ;)

I?m not sure how I found Neowin but I kept reading the front page news because codes to get in Microsoft Beta's were posted, I got in to the Office 2003 Beta because of Neowi:D:D Then looking back I registered when I needed help with setting up a basic network... which now seems kind of silly as I?m at Uni studying a course all about networking... but back then i didnt have a clue!

I was banned from another website after just 500 posts, because i told the members that they were pathetic rascist homophobic rednecks.

I googled.. "large forum" and "boobies"

Taa daaaaa.. neowinz.

Teh snyper is born.

I don't recall where exactly I found the link to Neowin. I do recall that I first came here during the heyday of the 'Whistler' betas, and stuck around because Neowin had the news before other sites did.

Found the forums when looking for help, then found front page - I still always go there first.

Lurked for a month or two, first post was on the day I signed up... First topic after a couple of months.

Found it from mess.be, which i used to use a lot to get msn news and stuff, though i hardly visit it at all now :/

Signed up here in 2004, but didn't make my first post til late 2005 i think.

Edit: Or it could have been from wincustomize... I can't remember. But my daily website rounds involved mess, wincustomize, and neowin.