1. 1. How did you find Neowin?

• A Google (Search) Result
    • From a friend/acquaintance
    • At work
    • By a news story
    • From TV/Radio
    • Link exchange / Linked from another site

• 2 weeks later...

I might be crazy but way back when I became a member I believe that Neowin was an IE customized web browser and these were the support forums.

hey guys,

I found about this site while searching for the future ZUNE in windows 8 on bing!

I really enjoyed the articles and community so I kept coming back for more :)

I was searching for fun forums on the internet, for some reason I arrived to a list of forums in wikipedia and BAM! I saw this interesting forum, I'm looking for forums to share ideas and learn new things, anyone knows another good forum?

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

well funny i take place to settle in forums, kinda like a feeling that makes it home, i dunno its just a wierd thing about but anyways i was in a previous forums and after being there a while i was pretty confident then later to find out i was banned badly n cruely, homeless i googled forums to find a new place to stay and here i am. im stuck wit u guys so far its been pretty cool here nice community :D

Well you see I was out walking my girlfriends sisters dog when I noticed that in the distance there was this weird light so I approached it to find out what was generating such a huge light when I passed by an old cinema complex that was only airing one film so I went inside to watch it when I met a friend of mine there and then he was telling me about this time his brother and him were at the gym doing their usual workouts and then he saw this bear casually walking past the outside window so he walked outside and saw a sheriff who told him that the bear was set free because the owner decided it would be healthy for the bear to get some air but in actual fact it wasn't a real bear but a convict who was trying to escape from prison as he once stole bread from an expensive bakery and then was sent on a ship to a foreign country but didn't know how to speak the language so he decided to take lessons but when he met his teacher he discovered that it was his true love and the two of them which are now good friends of mine said "Oh hey you should check out this site called Neowin it's really cool!"

Actually, James Tingle recommended neowin to me in 2000 and I was a member then, but because of joining the *** I wasn't on the Internet for a couple of years and missed out and rejoined after leaving in 2006 and been a member ever since. I do recall Mr. Parker getting a little hot under the collar because neowin.net just exploded onto the sense and aggressively expanded. I am 99.9% sure at one point neowin did close their doors and then decided to come back.

I think the webpage was grey with a light grey window stating that neowin has closed and a brief statement from Steve stating the reason for closing. I was gutted at the announcement but it was short lived as neowin was back and the only other time it's been off line was when one of the servers got a little wet.

I lost touch with James and last I heard he was doing a Masters Degree in Mathematics (which gives me a migraine just thinking about it) and was trying to sail around the coast... neowin as we know it now is nothing compared to neowin in 2000. It's a former shadow of itself, fully HTML5 and CSS3 with one of the best front end websites on the Internet.

I just remembered James T software, it was called Virtualnews, god that brings back memories. I was a client of Virtualnews as well and owned a license as well. :)

Well you see I was out walking my girlfriends sisters dog when I noticed that in the distance there was this weird light so I approached it to find out what was generating such a huge light when I passed by an old cinema complex that was only airing one film so I went inside to watch it when I met a friend of mine there and then he was telling me about this time his brother and him were at the gym doing their usual workouts and then he saw this bear casually walking past the outside window so he walked outside and saw a sheriff who told him that the bear was set free because the owner decided it would be healthy for the bear to get some air but in actual fact it wasn't a real bear but a convict who was trying to escape from prison as he once stole bread from an expensive bakery and then was sent on a ship to a foreign country but didn't know how to speak the language so he decided to take lessons but when he met his teacher he discovered that it was his true love and the two of them which are now good friends of mine said "Oh hey you should check out this site called Neowin it's really cool!"

###### did I just read?

###### did I just read?

hahahahaha!!!

I really don't know what was going on in my head when I wrote that! :p

• 1 month later...

It was first shared by my friend. So, I started exploring the blog & found the community as well.. also, it took me a while to register here & have a little fun. :)

What the...I honestly cannot remember! I know it was 2001 or 2000 that I first arrived. Been through two or three accounts over the years. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it was a google search, I have known about Neowin for a few years now but have only recently ventured into the forums.