952 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find Neowin?

• A Google (Search) Result
    • From a friend/acquaintance
    • At work
    • By a news story
    • From TV/Radio
    • Link exchange / Linked from another site

Something something Windows XP visual styles. That's all I remember. Probably signed up after browsing the customization subforum and seeing how interesting the other parts of the forums were.

• Like 1

i was searching any info about windows phone 8.1 and google gave me this link: A vision of how Windows Phone 8.1 could look. i was really impressed how a detail and diligent work was done for a non-existing device. i must say (as a former owner of HTC HD7 and a current owner of nokia lumia 920 and ms surface rt) that the concept described in the article is my real dream: 5.5" screen, stylus and WP.

without any hesitation i've followed neowin on twitter, liked it on FB and registered on this forum. here i am!

Welcome to the Community!

• 1 month later...

I was searching solutions for my pc problem and accidentally came into this forum. of course this problem got solved at last by one of the threads in this forum. 

Always great to hear, welcome!

MSFN.org web site back in 2006.I 've been obsessed with Unattended windows XP install.Since then, I 've been pretty much into O.Ses and Voila

Oh, those sweet days

• 3 months later...

Back when all I would do is refresh tech news sites and had an insatiable appetite for that. I had 50 bookmarks of tech news. I've curated that list and settled on the best, and Neowin is one of them. Great news reporting and lots of well written original content.

• 2 weeks later...

I found Neowin back in the AutoPatcher days. For a long time since my original forum signup, I was more-or-less a lurker (rarely posted) however in the last 6 or so months I've become more active here. :)

Found it while trying to make Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit works with an fps higher than 3 on Windows 2k. Found an hacked direct x dll made by a guy in his mom's basement which made the game playable. God bless EA ...

• 1 month later...

I have known Neowin since 2009 or so, if I recall correctly, and up until recently been posting some Neowin news, including re recent down time, "Why neowin Down?" on another forum :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...