952 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find Neowin?

• A Google (Search) Result
    • From a friend/acquaintance
    • At work
    • By a news story
    • From TV/Radio
    • Link exchange / Linked from another site

I guess I've been looking for a Photoshop key and asked it here on forums and immidiately got blocked for a week :rofl: So... 11 years later I'm still here. Woah, 11 years. Can't believe it.

Less than a month until it's 14 years since I've created my Neowin account. Time sure flies.

How did I find Neowin? Back in the day it was the #1 source for Whistler/Windows XP news. I ended up sticking around, though not as a very active poster until 2006(-ish).

I found Neowin (indirectly) on Twitter. When I was following Microsoft news through the Everything Microsoft (@everythingms) Twitter account, the top two websites I always see from it were Windows Central and Neowin. And since then, Neowin has been one of my primary sources for Microsoft news!

Probably an internet search or something, I was actually on here WAAAAAAAY back, during the Whistler phase of Windows XP. I actually had a previous account, long forgotten in the depths of time.

Windows 10 search for help restoring the 30 day calendar (it's gone) popped me over here. So far, Win10 forums and help have been useless to me. Microsoft forums and help have been useless too. Maybe Neowin will help me figure this out. Hope so.

It was a whopping 13 years ago for me so I don't even remember. I think I was doing a search on a problem I was having with the old search engine, Infoseek.

• 2 weeks later...

I was actually looking for a place where I could keep track of the new build releases of windows 10 after the RTM version and I came across Neowin

I stumbled across Neowin after upgrading to Win 10, I think it was a suggested link?

I must say it was actually one of the few recommendations that was actually worth while !! I won't hesitate to recommend it to my friends either !!!!

• 5 weeks later...