951 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find Neowin?

• A Google (Search) Result
    • From a friend/acquaintance
    • At work
    • By a news story
    • From TV/Radio
    • Link exchange / Linked from another site

Came to know Neowin because of the Windows 10 Technical Preview. Was going across many sites and became a frequent visitor to WinBeta (Because of the videos they post). Then I saw that more than half the news about the builds they posted there actually had a source to Neowin (Brad Sams, mostly). I was just snooping around both these sites and the superheated arguments here absolutely convinced me that if I ever join a forum, it has to be something like this.

Good lord I've been lurking for a long time... 

Lurked forever, and trying to start posting haha, I don't even remember how I found Neowin must have been looking for something Windows related.

But damn do I love this community!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just keeping my free membership active. Logging in, commenting, and logging out. 

If I recall correctly I first joined after discovering chaninjas Win XP themes. I wonder what hes doing now, his Vstyles were a class apart, Oh for one of his renditions for W10.

Seems a lifetime ago now :D 13 years later im still here, cant think of any other site or forums Ive regularly visited this long tbh.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in middle school and a tech geek thinking CS was going to be my career field of choice and I found this site looking for news on "Longhorn" I believe. It's been on my list of daily must read websites ever since although I've only recently become somewhat marginally involved in the forums.

I have no clue how I found this community, but I did so when I was just 15 years old. Call me weird but I'm glad I was nerding out at that age.

Now, I'm not the most active member in the world, but I have been around for the last 10 years, sometimes lurking, sometimes logged in and actually contributing. I honestly think my account here is my longest running actually used account anywhere on the web. Feelsgoodman. The amount of knowledge I've gained from bumbling around here is astounding. I've been encouraging my 16 year old nephew to join up as he too is relatively interested in / excited by computers.

Edit: Just remembered, the only account I have older than this is my Steam account. Activated in March of 2005 (I was 14).

Lurked for a long time, it's a great resource for understanding exactly how to install (and reinstall!) Windows and all of its permutations.  Google always directs me here.

• 4 months later...

I followed Rich Woods for a while at "for the love of tech".

I really love the way he analyses all the new things.

Keep up thee good work!!

I found it during the whistler builds believe it or not, lost it again and then found it during the Longhorn era (why did you cancel it MS?! Why?) and then finally joined at the end of 2005 :)

I was alone, afraid, broke & hungry.

I had no choice but to abandon my morals, forget my upbringing, shame my family & ultimately lose all self-respect.

More simply, I needed the money so I did something that most would never fathom.  That is, until they, themselves are put in a no-win situation.

Facing starvation, I asked some people with more experience is selling sex where to go, who to talk to, how to do it.

It was then that I found my sanity, my sanctity, and my spiritual center.... my pimp.

What ?  You meant neowin ?  Oh... well I was trying to fix a problem in XP.

Disregard the aforementioned flesh-peddling.

Thank You

:blush:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

I was alone, afraid, broke & hungry.

I had no choice but to abandon my morals, forget my upbringing, shame my family & ultimately lose all self-respect.

More simply, I needed the money so I did something that most would never fathom.  That is, until they, themselves are put in a no-win situation.

Facing starvation, I asked some people with more experience is selling sex where to go, who to talk to, how to do it.

It was then that I found my sanity, my sanctity, and my spiritual center.... my pimp.

What ?  You meant neowin ?  Oh... well I was trying to fix a problem in XP.

Disregard the aforementioned flesh-peddling.

Thank You

:blush:

You've accidentally typed those thoughts, not just thought them ;) Just a heads up

• 1 month later...

Who am I? Well, I am a retired civil engineering returning back to work after 7 years. I had written several successful engineering programs using QBasic when I got introduced to VB6 but haven't really studied much on it. While it is a big transition from QBasic to VB6, I Just had no use for it during retirement! Now I have a need to modify some of my VB6 engineering programs before I start working again so here I am! ): In an attempt to load VB6, I wound up getting VB9 but that's OK. However, it is little different from VB6 so I wanted a source where I could seek help from time to time to help me jump-start!

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking for a site that actually had helpful people that are in the "know" about technologies.

7 minutes ago, chrisj1968 said:

I was looking for a site that actually had helpful people that are in the "know" about technologies.

Let us all know when you eventually find it 

• Like 3