Yes! My Gamerscore just broke 10000!

It's not that difficult to break 10K. It's not really that difficult to break 15,000.

That's what, fifteen games? If you bought your console at or near launch, that seems entirely reasonable to me.

I'm over 16 thou, and I don't really game all that heavily. But when friends bring a game over that I don't have, I can expect to add 200+ gamer points to my score.

All you guys saying it means "you have no life," you can stop now.

I have 9 full games, and probably about that many Arcade games and I'm only pushing 5000. TBH, I don't really go for achievements when I play (at least not for a while). I play a game for a long time and then if I manage to get bored of it, I'll go for achievements, but for instance, Halo 3 - I'm not bothered about only having 19 achievements so far. I could get a lot more by finding the skulls and playing the metagame, or playing on Legendary, or being a biatch in MM and asking to do achievements, but it really isn't that big of a deal. I'll get them when I get them.

-Spenser

I have 9 full games, and probably about that many Arcade games and I'm only pushing 5000. TBH, I don't really go for achievements when I play (at least not for a while). I play a game for a long time and then if I manage to get bored of it, I'll go for achievements, but for instance, Halo 3 - I'm not bothered about only having 19 achievements so far. I could get a lot more by finding the skulls and playing the metagame, or playing on Legendary, or being a biatch in MM and asking to do achievements, but it really isn't that big of a deal. I'll get them when I get them.

-Spenser

This is true, but would it be unreasonable to assume that you could easily get those points if you did want to?

ok why isn't this in the leaderboard thread and why aren't some of these big talkers not part of the neowin team?

EDIT: why aren't you on the team is what i meant. hey give me some coffee for ****'s sake!

I'm still struggling to get to 30K, it's been slow going through the 20's but GameFly has helped. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that Ace Combat 6 will be the game that pushes me over 30,000. As far as breaking 10K, can't remember what game it was, but I know that it was during a lengthy Crackdown session that I surpassed 20,000.

why aren't some of these big talkers not part of the neowin team

I'd love to be, I spend whatever time I'm not gaming online talking about it. I know more about the 360 in general than most because I spend so much time reading about it. I work on a pc all day, so when I'm at work I'm checking out all the forums and news feeds. When I'm at home though, game on! (Yes, I have a life and I spend that life playing games, you gotta problem with that esse?)

Edited by MarkX

nice, 30K, good going.

Not there yet, but getting close. When I get home tonight I'm gonna pound through some more DiRT, still have 77% to go there, and it's an EASY game. The Orange Box has been fun for achievements, so much variety there. Probably work on some more Portal points tonight as well.

man, looks like i have a lot of catching up to do. I gotta kidnap Neoadorable's 360 so he can stop gaining so much points above me.

dude, at this POINT (pun pun) it's a bit too little, too late, wouldn't you say ? :)

but am looking forward to your long-promised and overdue comeback...it'll be good to have you with us again.

My gamerscore is at about 800 and I don't even remember how it's made it that high. I own like 6 games and don't care much for achievements in them...but being good at Halo has grabbed me a few hundred points.

Actually, most of my points are probably from THP8.

I'm verging on 5000 I think it is....maybe it's 6000 but. shows how much I track this thing. Achievements are sorta fun but I do have to stand back in amazement a bit at people with 30K +.

I've only had my box about 3 weeks and I've got a score of 1325, but to be fair 1000 of those came from bioshock alone. At least I got them all on a single playthrough though, that should be an achievement in itself =P