Yes! My Gamerscore just broke 10000!

• 1 year later...

My gamerscore is currently just over 22k. I've been trying to catch up to a buddy of mine, his score is almost at 30k. I've bought of a bunch of Games for windows games that have achievements. I'm hoping I can use those during my upcoming deployment to catch him.

For the children out there who keep saying you have no life if you have X score . . . Just stop. I'm in the military, I have a wife and I play games. And I'm sure there are plenty of people out there like me. Please grow up or just don't say anything at all.

Seraph XXVII

Just reached 43k myself, it's been more than year and a half since I posted in this thread :o. Now adays I find it difficult to play a game for too long, now I can only play like 10 hrs a week and that's on good week.

I'm almost at 84000. When the 360 first came out, I tried to get every achievement I could. I've been stuck in the 80k for almost a year. Haven't really finished too many games lately.

most people who play a lot since launch have like 50-60k, but the people with 100k are either developers/modders or are cheating with the gamesaves bs. they really haven't beaten anything i have had my score at at 25k, and i have had an xbox since launch when i was in college, with 5 roommates, who played when i was not playing. and i still haven't got that much of a score. how does 1 person have 200k? I would say i am a seasoned gamer, and my roommate was a developer and we couldn't ###### it out that much.

^ :rofl:

Back on topic, my gamerscore is around 50k, I think. I stopped paying attention to my gamerscore and achievements ages ago. The only achievements I remotely care about are the Steam achievements in Team Fortress 2 on the PC, because getting a certain amount of them in each pack unlocks new weapons.

LMAO @ mail's pic.

I don't get the whole whoring for achievements - if you get them through normal play then yeah great, but purposely going out of your way for them to bump up your gamerscore kinda takes away the fun of just playing the game... Or is it only me that thinks that?

I remember going round to my mate's house the once and his brother was playing some really random games on his 360 (which I know he wouldn't have usually played) and I asked him why to which he replied, "I'm getting some more gamerscore." Then to top it off he also said that he was bored whilst doing it!

Yeah, I sort of gave up going out of my way for achievements not too long after Guitar Hero III came out. Looking back on it now, I feel like a bloody idiot playing through Guitar Hero II on all four difficulties, as I started off on Easy as it was my first ever GH game, then went about half-way through Medium, then jumped over to hard, because I was getting better, then finished that, then went through Expert. Then after that, I actually went back to finish Medium. God, that was boring. :p

I don't get the whole whoring for achievements - if you get them through normal play then yeah great, but purposely going out of your way for them to bump up your gamerscore kinda takes away the fun of just playing the game... Or is it only me that thinks that?

Nope it is not just you... there are some that make sense to me out of normal play are for example in Crackdown Collect all the Orbs, but I rarely have played a game just to get an achievement, only have done it a few times, and it was only because it made sense to me as I enjoyed the game...

Then again I just do not have much time to play anymore, I have not gone back and replayed a game in a long, long time, like Nintendo 64 days I think...

I won't go way out of my way for them.

ie.

-grind heavy achievements (Star Wars: the Force Unleashed)

-replaying a game on an extreme (and frustrating) difficulty

-a lot of the Guitar Hero/ Rock Band achievements

But if it's something that just takes a few minutes to do outside of my normal game play, I'll tend to do it.

most people who play a lot since launch have like 50-60k, but the people with 100k are either developers/modders or are cheating with the gamesaves bs. they really haven't beaten anything i have had my score at at 25k, and i have had an xbox since launch when i was in college, with 5 roommates, who played when i was not playing. and i still haven't got that much of a score. how does 1 person have 200k? I would say i am a seasoned gamer, and my roommate was a developer and we couldn't ###### it out that much.

I wouldn't say that people near 100K are all cheaters. I've got 84K and I haven't cheated. Take a look at achieve360points.com and in their forum. Tons of people have at/near or above 100K. Achievement Hunting is fun. Having a friendly wager for who will have more after a month is a lot of fun. I used to do that a lot, but with work and actually seeing the sun once in a while, it got tough to stick with. I've got around 40 games with 1000/1000. I used to rent a ton of easy games like Madden, NHL2K, King Kong, Bourne Conspiracy, etc.

MS brought the hammer down on cheaters and game savers. A lot of people who cheated were reset to 0 without the ability to get the points on those games unless they made a new Gamertag. Game saving cannot be done now without MS knowing about it or that you circumvented the game save.

My friend has a ridiculously high gamerscore as well. At the moment it's 100948, but it's probably gonna change in a minute! Haha. And he's def. not a cheater. Just a bit sad!

I broke the 10,000 milestone a while back - I can't remember what my score is now but I am pretty close to 15,000.

I tend to play a game as normal through to the end, and then tackle the extra achievements for some extra gameplay.

Just so you guys know, the sky is still blue out there.

Congrats, but geez, I'll never get to that score lol.

2 years later, actually living up to that post! :)

OT: There is a point system behind the scenes of the PS3 trophies, mine's a little over 14k.