Yet another VGA Cable Query

Hey guys,

Today i bought the official Microsoft Xbox360 VGA Cable and connected it to my 19" Samsung Widescreen LCD. HD Gaming looks awesome. I can't believe i was missing this from last one year. So anyways i have selected 1336x768 resolution and have selected "Standard" as "Reference" thingy under the Display part.

Now my problem is how should i connect the audio end ? I have a 2.1 setup.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2537/dsc00051ao9.jpg

A friend of mine suggested me to get this cable. Basically the end of this cable would connect in the "line in" part in my soundcard and somehow the audio would be routed through the speakers which are already connected to the comp through the sound card.

My question is that would this actually work ? If not which other cable should i get ?

thx

Hey guys,

Today i bought the official Microsoft Xbox360 VGA Cable and connected it to my 19" Samsung Widescreen LCD. HD Gaming looks awesome. I can't believe i was missing this from last one year. So anyways i have selected 1336x768 resolution and have selected "Standard" as "Reference" thingy under the Display part.

Now my problem is how should i connect the audio end ? I have a 2.1 setup.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2537/dsc00051ao9.jpg

A friend of mine suggested me to get this cable. Basically the end of this cable would connect in the "line in" part in my soundcard and somehow the audio would be routed through the speakers which are already connected to the comp through the sound card.

My question is that would this actually work ? If not which other cable should i get ?

thx

your friend is right mate . BTW I got the same keyboard as yours ;)

ok i got the little wire and connected it to my line in but still no sound :/ i have checked that its enabled in sound properties and all but its still not working

make sure it's not muted too. line in devices are often muted in the autio control panel so that only the computer hear it but it's not piped back to the speakers.

either way if you do have it on line in and not another output it's gotta be some kind of setting.

Could it be my drivers ? I am currently downloading drivers for my onboard audio + I am running Windows Vista if that matters ?

I just connected the cable to the sub and it works fine but everytime i can't do this. I am installing some new drivers lets hope it works out

Update - Its working fine now

thx a lot guys :D

Edited by Prince17

Just one thing you might want to know about the VGA cable that I only recently discovered - it doesn't support PAL 50Hz mode. What does this mean? Basically, it applies to the backwards compatibility. If the game you want to play doesn't support 60hz mode, you wont be able to play it. Halo 2 works fine, but it can't be updated since the update requires the 360 to go into the Xbox 1 dashboard, which is stuck to 50hz.

So check your old xbox 1 games to make sure they support 60hz mode.

I hope Microsoft fixes this with the next dashboard update, but I'm not holding my breath :(