• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[Poll] Vista Language Packs Poll

Language Packs Poll  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

s0nic69    10

I don?t use the language packs, and I see them as a waste of time for Microsoft because they could use that time to work on some cool extras, but that is my thought. The real questions are:

1. Are you using a language pack?

2. What language pack?

3. Did you purchase Vista in another language and now you need the language packs?

4. Are you waiting for a language pack in a language that has not been released?

5. Do you think language packs should have been bundled into all versions of Vista?

Nicholas-c    37

dont use one, the main reason is because i dont know any other language :p

Tantawi    181

1. Are you using a language pack? No.

2. What language pack? None.

3. Did you purchase Vista in another language and now you need the language packs? No.

4. Are you waiting for a language pack in a language that has not been released? No.

5. Do you think language packs should have been bundled into all versions of Vista? Sure.

s0nic69    10

didnt think i would get a yes for an answer... gues that they are useful :huh:

User6060    346

On a mainly English speaking forum I don't expect many people to use the language packs.

as for me...no.

Guest xiphi   

1. Are you using a language pack? No

2. What language pack? N/A

3. Did you purchase Vista in another language and now you need the language packs? No

4. Are you waiting for a language pack in a language that has not been released? No

5. Do you think language packs should have been bundled into all versions of Vista? I think they should have been offered as update for all editions.

s0nic69    10
On a mainly English speaking forum I don't expect many people to use the language packs.

as for me...no.

I know what you mean, but even if this was a russian site, many of them would have purchased their windows vista in russian, and would still have no use for a language packs.

Slimy    13

^ Probably a reason why they weren't bundled with Vista. Unless you decide to buy a version not in your first language, you don't really need it ;)

SacrificialSoldier    0

Nope. English only

but I agree with Co_Co

This is an english-only forum. Kinda a rhetorical question here

s0nic69    10
Nope. English only

but I agree with Co_Co

This is an english-only forum. Kinda a rhetorical question here

I know its a english only forum, but i remember a forum topic many months ago, that someone asked who spoke a second language, and many people replied that they knew, french, spanish, etc. So i was jw if any of those people installed the language packs.

HawkMan    5,232

Well I'm Norwegian, but I buy my OS' in English and prefer to use them in English. it's just the way computers are emant to e used :p

as for the language packs... I think I maye have installed the Nrowegian language pack on my Desktop with ultimate, but I don't use it.

and Id on't think it should be in all version. well it wouldn't matter but it's not something that needs to be therepeople will buy the OS in the language they use, some families or places may however be in a situation where they have people who speak different languages and some of the peopel using the computer would need th OS in another language to use it at it's best. for these people the Languiage pack extra really is a value addon.

so for th epeopel who do need it is "valuable" and this worth the price for the ulimate versions. wich is why they are an ultimat eextra. heck I'm not even aware of any other OS that allows you to change the language of the enitre OS with the click of a button so.

Mordkanin    225

I used Chinese and Spanish for testing localization of a program we were working on at work. I don't know either language, but I needed to make sure that it was all working.

Pretend    1

No, Only English ;)

Echilon    1

I have the German pack installed on my server. Useful for translating and keeping in practice with the language.