• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Windows Installer ARGH!

LOC    1,170

I am having so many problems with this garbage! I can't uninstall Corel Wordperfect 10 because it won't finish the uninstall due to some error about finding a specified file. I can't install Office 2K because the installer can't find a file on the CD. Everytime I start IE or OE up I get the Windows Installer box popping up for no reason trying to install Wordperfect. ARGH is there no way to uninstall Windows Installer easily? Or fix it lol. I mean jeez.

SilentBob    0

Could you send me a copy of all error messages that you reciev due to I.E and Office2K,,I'll then try and help you out,,

Please send E.Messages to my email address..

S.B

LOC    1,170

SilentBob:

I don't get an error message in IE it just starts the Windows Installer everytime I launch IE or OE. But it seems I fixed it myself by supplying the file it needed. Office 2K was giving me an error because a file on the cd wasn't accessable apparently. I copied all files to my drive then installed without a hitch. :)

SixFour:

That link doesn't work, it's a page not found deal :s

SixFour    0

Sorry for posting url incorrectly. There is one extra character (.) in the url after ASP. When you paste it in the addy, just remove the period (.) after ASP. Its a MS site, and I just checked and found the url error in the post.