Can't open Network and Sharing Center at all

I don't know what just open but every link/shortcut that you find on Windows Vista to open the Network and Sharing Center does not work, when I click on it, nothing happens, no window pops up... What the hell happened? Anyone has a clue? How do I fix this? :s

sfc /scannow didn't do anything... no files are corrupted...

regsvr32 netcenter.dll did something but it still not working... Clicking on "Network and Internet" in the Control Panel, now displays the "Network and Sharing Center" icon, although, there are no blue links below it. Clicking on the "Network and Sharing Center" icon/label or trying to open it through another shortcut (the notification area icon menu, for instance), gives me the following error:

236138Untitled.jpg

Well, I'm sorry, I forgot to reboot... And now that I did, the "Network and Sharing Center" is now working. I can open it as I always did. But I'm not sure the whole problem is fixed, 2 questions:

1) Any idea what has caused the problem?

2) The only thing "not working" now is the blue links below the items in the "Control Panel" just live every other item. Neither the main "Network and Internet" icon nor the "Network and Sharing Center" icon inside it has blue links below them. Something is still not fixed, any hints?

Well, I'm sorry, I forgot to reboot... And now that I did, the "Network and Sharing Center" is now working. I can open it as I always did. But I'm not sure the whole problem is fixed, 2 questions:

1) Any idea what has caused the problem?

2) The only thing "not working" now is the blue links below the items in the "Control Panel" just live every other item. Neither the main "Network and Internet" icon nor the "Network and Sharing Center" icon inside it has blue links below them. Something is still not fixed, any hints?

Well, something cause the netcenter.dll (Which contains network center and stuff) the to get unregistered.

Do you use any register cleaner utilities?

Sorry for my post above, I must have missed your second post...

I second MioTheGreat: Could be a registry cleaner or very often those "Tweaker" tools produce similar results. Can you check if there are any updates in the windows update history which failed to install? Could have happened as an update: unregisters DLL, overwrites, somehow fails to re-register I reckon.

The only utility that I use is Tuneup Utilities. However, this happened on Sunday and during the afternoon, it was working fine, not so during the night and I haven't used Tuneup Utilities at all during that period. I don't remember any other registry program that I might be using at that time...

And no, all recent updates installed successfully...

I'm out of ideas but glad you got it to work without reformatting. Had wireless connection issues with my like 2h old Vista installation on the current laptop a couple days ago. Immediately reformatted tho cuz if it starts it's life like that, what is going to come later... :-/