Bought the 8800GT

ill be getting mine soon :D

i cant wait, i didnt even notice it came with quake wars :p

Nice! I was in the Enemy Territory: Quake Wars beta, and I gotta say that it is a crazy awesome game. It's not really the best showcase title though; your new video card will be able to run it at maxed settings no problem.

Very true, but a bit limited in overclocking.

I think that has to do with the single-slot cooler. Every review I've seen that did temperature testing showed that the GeForce 8800 GT runs extremely hot; hotter then any other DirectX 10 card available in fact. I bet switcing to an aftermarket heatsink or water-cooling would open up quite a bit of overclocking headroom.

It's not that great of a card lol.. It's Inno3D.. Cheap

They are all basically the same thing. So long as the specs are the same then its exactly the same card. Some just use better coolers, some use heatpipes, some offer better warranty. At best, the memory chips will be different, resulting in literally a few FPS difference.

ive never changed the cooling on a video card, so dont laugh...but does ripping your heatsink off the video card and putting your own on risk your warranty or anything?

I'm gonna mark this thread as I want to see how your results turn out.

Hope it's as good as it appears to be. :happy:

There are results all over the web already, and they are as good as the hype, for once. Nvidia had to get serious with this card because of the impending threat from ATI with the 38xx series.

The only bad things to say about this card, considering the price, is it doesn't overclock to any significant degree, and the single slot cooler could be replaced with a better cooler. Hopefully they'll release some dual-slot cards. There's a 1GB version due out soon too.

I wish I had known this was coming out a couple months ago when I spent $350 on my 8800GTS 640MB. Oh well, it serves me well.

Well 3 months is a long time in hardware terms. If you were to wait for the 8800gt, might as well wait for the Nvidia 9800's. There is always something new coming out and we can't do anything about it!

Excellent card btw. I am thinking of getting one too, to replace my 7950gx2.

Just got received mine ?129.99 delivered (Inno3D 8800GT 512MB) after selling my EVGA 8800 GTS 640MB superclocked for ?237:laugh:h: silly ebayers.

Runs noticeably faster in a few games (World in Conflict, Oblivion, Crysis).

Definitely on the hunt for a decent 3rd party quiet cooler though, it's quiet while idle and under light gaming but if you play a graphics heavy game for say, over an hour the fan kicks in... holy crap I thought a jet was coming through my window. Anyone fitted a 3rd party cooler yet?

Just got received mine ?129.99 delivered (Inno3D 8800GT 512MB) after selling my EVGA 8800 GTS 640MB superclocked for ?237:laugh:h: silly ebayers.

Runs noticeably faster in a few games (World in Conflict, Oblivion, Crysis).

Definitely on the hunt for a decent 3rd party quiet cooler though, it's quiet while idle and under light gaming but if you play a graphics heavy game for say, over an hour the fan kicks in... holy crap I thought a jet was coming through my window. Anyone fitted a 3rd party cooler yet?

?129.99 is an awesome price delivered!

However, don't some of them have 96 stream processors and some have 112?

Which is better then guys, the 8800GT or the 8800GTX.

A friend of mine is purchasing the 8800GTX but which is best?

Thank-ing-you :)

8800GTX is better, but the money difference between the 8800gt and the 8800GTX just isn't worth it.

You decide whether that little bit is worth the extra ?120. >< I cenrtainly don't. I'd wait for the next gen cards, or grab a 8800GT now.

3dmark_01.png

He's trying to future proof himself guys... He doesn't want to have to buy another graphics card for a while......

Any advise?

EDIT: Also go you have a diagram of a 8800GT in SLI Mode against a 8800GTX as I would like to see the statistics. If possible could you also put a 8800GT in SLI and an 8800GTX in SLI to compare them both at SLI levels?

Edited by aclarke_31