Tomato Firmware 1.11 Released

Tomato is a small, lean and simple replacement firmware for Linksys' WRT54G/GL/GS, Buffalo WHR-G54S/WHR-HP-G54 and other Broadcom-based routers. It features a new easy to use GUI, a new bandwidth usage monitor, more advanced QOS and access restrictions, enables new wireless features such as WDS and wireless client modes, raises the limits on maximum connections for P2P, allows you to run your custom scripts or telnet/ssh in and do all sorts of things like re-program the SES/AOSS button, adds wireless site survey to see your wifi neighbors, and more.
Changelog

Version 1.11

Fixed UPnP entries are lost when some settings are changed.

Fixed RIP config causing distribution of indirect routes.

FTP NAT helper can now be disabled in Advanced/CTNF.

Bandwidth data can now be saved on reboot/shutdown.

Added a reboot and reconnect scheduler (Admin/Scheduler).

Decreased time interval from 30 mins to 15 mins for Access Restriction.

Updated New Zealand timezone.

Updated L7 patterns to l7-protocols-2007-10-10.

Rolled back recent changes from 4.30.11 and iptables to fix a forwarding bug that some are experiencing. I've been unable to replicate the problem, but have received some good feedback on this, so hopefully this does fix it for everyone.

Website

Edited by bangbang023
Author asks not to link directly to downloads

I find it funny that people need to develop firmware for their devices instead of the companies releasing them. Did the developers of Tomato have to reverse engineer the devices? or did the companies have open specification?

I find it funny that people need to develop firmware for their devices instead of the companies releasing them. Did the developers of Tomato have to reverse engineer the devices? or did the companies have open specification?

Linksys Routers run Linux and the firmware (and source code) is available via the GPL. This has been going on for years.

ooh another update. thanks for the news i'll update when i get home even though i don't think i was affected by any bugs.

the scheduler sounds like a nice feature.

That'd be this? ?It's supported.:))

I think he means PPTP server as in VPN server, so people can VPN into your router or another router can vpn into it

how hard is it to update your firm_ware ? i have a WHR-HP-G54

Easy - you upload a file through the web interface.

You will have to backup your bandwidth stats and them restore them again if you want to keep them..

Still waiting for them to support the version of my router..

I don't think they ever will if you have a WRT54G line that's not currently support. It simply doesn't have enough memory.

i tried to install but it told me invalid firmware i used what the read me said to use the tomato.trx file :/ any ideas

Oh - you probably have stock buffalo firmware.

I thought you were upgrading from a previous tomato firmware - sorry :/

Its a bit more complicated then - try reading the included readme for more info on how to install then.

It's pretty automated with buffalo routers so it's not that hard :)

Good luck - it will be worth your while :p