THIS FRIDAY! Toshiba HD DVD player $98.87!

you actually serious?

i think i asked you this before, pretty sure i did.

i like how you're trying to prove it really hard that 1080p and 1080i are not different whatsoever. if you were right, 1080p wouldn't exist, it wouldn't be marketed nor would it be this long before most of the new tvs that are coming out are supporting it.

ok let's go over this again

all movies are stored in 1080p30 on the disk

1080p players send the 1080p30 signal directly to the tv.

1080i players send a 1080i60 signal, meaning it sends ALL the information that is in the 1080p30 image to the tv, only it divides every frame in two essentially.

1080i tv's(essentially HD CRT's and some plasma models and such) then display the 1080i60 picture.

1080p capable Tv' take the 1080i60 signal, and reassembls it to 1080p30 by reassembling the divded frames into single frames.

the only way you lose quality with a 1080i player and a 1080p TV, is of you bought a cheap crap no name brand TV that's is really sucky at reassembling the frames. wich is fairly straight forward.

you actually serious?

i think i asked you this before, pretty sure i did.

i like how you're trying to prove it really hard that 1080p and 1080i are not different whatsoever. if you were right, 1080p wouldn't exist, it wouldn't be marketed nor would it be this long before most of the new tvs that are coming out are supporting it.

Here educate yourself a bit:

http://blog.hometheatermag.com/geoffreymor...7061080iv1080p/

I'm sure that guys from Home Theater Magazine have absolutely no clue what they are talking about.

Well it doesn't matter to me being I'm ont he wrong continent and all :)

but do you still get the 5 free movies deal with these players ? that's for all HD-DVD players sin't it ?

There is also THIS LATEST RUMOUR from the past hour:

from Blu-Ray forums: I'm not so sure Blu will win. As of 13 minutes ago, Warner is no longer part of the BDA

Still looking to see what's going on.. it has been known that Warner Brother's BDA membership expires tonight midnight.. they most likely did not extend it .. but I guess we won't hear anything official (confirmation or debunk) by tomorrow morning.

Considering how entrenched both sides are, it seems we'll have to buy players for both format to watch all the movies.

We just have to wait for someone in the bruray camp to bite the bullet and match the price :D

I'm starting to think that this HD war is turning out pretty well for the consumer.

If there was only one side, the HD players will probably still cost $1000.

Alright, I'm buying one. I want HD-DVD to win, and I really believe it will, but I was going to wait to buy just in case... But $100? There's no reason for me to wait anymore.

It'll get me out of bed early. I'll scope out what's in stock on Thursday. Already got the 360 drive with Heroes, Ultimate Matrix Collection, and Transformers for free (and I'm eligable for the 5 free offer)

Lucky for all of you. Like I said in another post, here in Quebec (Canada), BestBuy and FutureShop don't even list the A-2 anymore, it's gone. FutureShop list the XA-2 for "only" $799.

They now have the A-3 for $349 and the A-30 for $449. No fire sale, nothing exciting....

So again, HERE, it's not evident that HD-DVD is a winner, because this friday, the PS3/40Gb will be out at $399. A game console/Bly-ray player including Spiderman3 and 1080p (marketing, not better than 1080i). By including Spiderman3, maybe buyers will start to understand that the PS3 can also play movies. Their was a stat/poll floating around that said that PS3 users did not know that they could watch movies on it... This will change...

I wish their was some special sale for the A-2 or even the A-3 here....

Lucky for all of you. Like I said in another post, here in Quebec (Canada), BestBuy and FutureShop don't even list the A-2 anymore, it's gone. FutureShop list the XA-2 for "only" $799.

They now have the A-3 for $349 and the A-30 for $449. No fire sale, nothing exciting....

So again, HERE, it's not evident that HD-DVD is a winner, because this friday, the PS3/40Gb will be out at $399. A game console/Bly-ray player including Spiderman3 and 1080p (marketing, not better than 1080i). By including Spiderman3, maybe buyers will start to understand that the PS3 can also play movies. Their was a stat/poll floating around that said that PS3 users did not know that they could watch movies on it... This will change...

Companies don't care about us, Canadians, mate. There are only 33 mil of us and that's just slightly less than population of California =)

We are a small market in the eyes of many big corporations.

When I got home from work this morning I had an MS from a friend telling me about this. I been waiting all day for him to come online, I wanna see if he wants to head to Vermont to be there for when the doors open! I'm hoping he will!

And to think, for us it will only cost 94.06 our money!

Boz... I know that you don't get attention at home, but can you please stop it with the big letters?

We get the message, don't worry about it.

Oh, and I hope you're getting commission for this, because you're working you butt off like your life depends on it.

Boz... I know that you don't get attention at home, but can you please stop it with the big letters?

We get the message, don't worry about it.

Oh, and I hope you're getting commission for this, because you're working you butt off like your life depends on it.

If you are not excited that you can get a A HIGH DEFINITION PLAYER for $99 with 7 movies then I'm not really sure what does excite you!

This is HUGE! 2 biggest retailers getting into price wars. I'm excited so is everyone else. IT'S GREAT DAY FOR HD DVD and finally we are very close to ending this. The only people who have problems with big letters and the reality of the situation as I can see everywhere are Blu-Ray fans.

Don't worry, you can STILL sell your PS3 now and cover some losses. I mean I blew $600 too on PS3, but it's all good. I'm not going mad, neither should you.