Soulja Boy -

Resurrected huh? :p

I Truly RESPECT a lot of celebrities, mainly Oscar-winners, and Grammy-winners... Soulja Boy is Crap, I can NOT respect him!

These No-talent, stupid, immature people are also the ones DON'T Donate or contribute anything. (Unlike MORE respectable artists like Mariah Carey, Beyonce, Kanye West, Nas!)

I hate them getting all the fame, Money and Hot girls!!!

Go Away!!! :|

Rap in my opinion, has been the worst thing I have heard in the last 5 or 6 years. It all seems so manufactured to be the same thing over and over.

DON'T generalize Rap, Kanye West, NAS, etc... RESPECT!!! :yes:

Kanye West - "Obama care about Black People" ;)

Edited by JediXAngel

damn you for resurecting this thread :p

as for actual music/song/dance...that cant be called a song :p

Just a new way to turn ****ty things into "cool" things. The word "cool" is like the U.S. dollar, it used to have much value, but now it means nothing. :laugh:

I only sort of liked it after seeing the dance done in school. But after a whigger on my bus started playing it through his bag-speakers (horrible clipping and the like), I went off of it again.

I even prefer Vanilla Ice to that now, but Rick Astley and THE GAME are right up there on the annoying but catchy scale.

Dude, lucky basta! I would give my nuts to meet Kyza... Where were you?

Jehst is incredible man, any track that he fully produced and wrote himself is a freakin masterpiece. Go on Youtube and type Jehst - City of Industry, there isnt a real video but the tracks there. If your not impressed and immersed in his dark, conscious imagery then I think you need to give your doctor a shout ;) The best rapper ever in terms of imagery, sound, and style. He even studied literature (I think) at Oxford! Another great track is 'Alcoholic Author' which was produced by Harry Love, but it just sounds immense.

Also, whats Kyza doing these days? I've been hearing very little from him since he dropped 'The Experience' apart from a couple of random tracks on his MySpace, does he have a new one confirmed?

Whey! I had no idea you responded to my post hence why I'm replying so late...

As for meeting them they live roughly half an hour from me and I know quite a few old school MC's from the area and they have and do make tracks with Terra Firma and I was in a friends house when a few members of Terra Firma Kyza included dropped by and we all just spent the evening talking, well they did anyway I sort of just listened as I was way younger back then and didn't want to butt in.

Kyza was at his absolute best in Harsh Reality. I really love that song and listen to it on a daily basis. The guy is a genius (Y)

Jehst, Kyza and Klashnekoff made a song called Nightbreed, give it a listen when you can :yes:

Also loving Jehst at the moment, really good stuff (Y)

As for kyza's new stuff I really don't know cos things are happening that I am aware off but not at liberty to speak about(due to respect for their privacy) that have forced actual music production both for Klash and Kyza to a halt but but they should be pushing out new material in no time.

That girl is WHACK!

eh? :blink:

As in whacked-out-bat-sh*t-crazy?

or has been whacked one too many times on the head with a bat made out of frozen stupid?

or simply needs to be whacked?

That girl is WHACK!

Damn she is SO Retarded!!! Like I sometimes see on TV, some of these people are Mentally Unstable! What the **** is wrong with people like that? :o I don't miss that side of Black people at all!!! :/

But Yeah she already Stupid, then a stupid song came along that pollute her Even further ... :no:

Edited by JediXAngel

Damn she is SO Retarded!!! Like I sometimes see on TV, some of these people are Mentally Unstable! What the **** is wrong with people like that? :o I don't miss that side of Black people at all!!! :/
White people can be retarded as well. Case in point - you.

• 1 month later...

lol its so funny because the people that dont like thei song...

they post videos of remxies by travis barker or some other remix of ome guy yelling and making it some rock type of music and that u like.

end of he day, you just like your own taste of music, I hate soulja boy but i can see why people like his song, its catchy, it has a nice catchy loopy beat that he himself made, and although hes gone far for wat hes done, whatever! people like his dance and thas it.

Its sad to say oh he sucks but TIHS REMIX OWNS:: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKQgDY0pZ68

and its a remix of a rock guy playing drums and making it into some rock mix, that mix SUCKS for me someone who lkes rap that travis guy is making a bigger idiot of himself than soljaboy but thats only in my own eyes, for you his mix just owns cause its hittong on ur own taste of music

Over the years ive learned neowin is truly lacks in music versatility and since majority are proably into rock and other types of music, rap has no place for discussion here. Rap and hip hop is poetry, and IT IS music. Is soulja boy rap /hip hop? Maybe not, can be controversial but rap shudnt even be discussed here as its just talking to a mass crowd of ignorant rock loving fans

OK, as a DJ (and by that I mean "Party DJ" not "Club DJ") I will defend this song.

But first:

It's the most mysoginistic crap ever. It's hugely disrespectful to women, and moreover, SB is talentless scum.

Defense:

It's a crap song, but it goes down well at parties.

I don't miss that side of Black people at all!!!

And you claim to not harbour any racist views... And now you will claim I am missjudging you...

Maybe not, can be controversial but rap shudnt even be discussed here as its just talking to a mass crowd of ignorant rock loving fans

Nice and mature way to talk about your point. Im sure many will change their minds thaks to your rhetoric.

SlimNet: Problem here is that you make a point, but you put it across like a petulent child.

I personally love GOOD rock, I love GOOD rap. I love GOOD music. There is a lot of crap in the "rap" genre (or what people outside that genre call "rap"). But the same could be levelled at rock, blues, soul, dance.

You know what, this dude should get some points!, he made his own music, got some people to listen to it, and now making his money. Im not into his music, but i respect that HE MADE IT, not some made for money by some BIG record company, trying to sell some a image to people, There are worst people out there that do nothing, AKA Paris Hilton!!!!! or do something and get of it scott freee BUSH!!!, so leave him alone and move on!, there are worst problems in the world then people who sing!.

eh? :blink:

As in whacked-out-bat-sh*t-crazy?

or has been whacked one too many times on the head with a bat made out of frozen stupid?

or simply needs to be whacked?

All three dude! :p

Whey! I had no idea you responded to my post hence why I'm replying so late...

As for meeting them they live roughly half an hour from me and I know quite a few old school MC's from the area and they have and do make tracks with Terra Firma and I was in a friends house when a few members of Terra Firma Kyza included dropped by and we all just spent the evening talking, well they did anyway I sort of just listened as I was way younger back then and didn't want to butt in.

Kyza was at his absolute best in Harsh Reality. I really love that song and listen to it on a daily basis. The guy is a genius (Y)

Jehst, Kyza and Klashnekoff made a song called Nightbreed, give it a listen when you can :yes:

Also loving Jehst at the moment, really good stuff (Y)

As for kyza's new stuff I really don't know cos things are happening that I am aware off but not at liberty to speak about(due to respect for their privacy) that have forced actual music production both for Klash and Kyza to a halt but but they should be pushing out new material in no time.

I had no idea you replied either.. thats why I'm replying so late!

That sounds incredibly awesome, an evening with the Terra Firma would be absolutely brilliant.. Also, I agree about Harsh Reality.. it doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the thread about Soulja Boy! I have that Nightbreed track, I'd go as far to say that Kyza has a better verse than Jehst on it which is definitely no easy feat I was hearing rumours about 'Shots of Smirnoff' coming.. but that was way over a year ago and have heard f*ck all since unfortunately, same thing with Jehsts 'Dragon of an Ordinary family' which is quite depressing as I was highly anticipating both of them. (Maybe he listened back to the Mengi Bus tape with a straight head and decided to put rap down for a while..)

Klash + Kyza not producing anything at the moment sucks, I'm assuming it would have something to do with there 'fall out' but cannot think of a possible reason why. I've got no new UK tracks in roughly around a year unfortunately, can't seem to find any good new albums which is why all my 'new' music is pretty much just rarer 1992-1997 US hiphop (theres so much unheard of stuff out there from way back thats brilliant) - Youtube does have many rare UK gems though. If your into Task Force go and find the user 'farmajesus' on Youtube, its the real Farma G with some decent unreleased/rare TF stuff, definitely worth checking out.

Although I'd love to speak about good music for longer I wouldn't want to de-rail this thread anymore.. Soulja Boy sucks, just like any other hip-pop you'll see on the TV or hear on the radio.. thats all there really is left to say about the subject.

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone seen Soulja Boy's new dance "the bird walk" ? Not as great as 'superman' in my opinion, but still something fun to do in the clubs. here's a video of him teaching it. http://www.younghollywood.com/videos/music...west-dance.html

and that same site i guess has his soulja boy tellem sneakers signed by him that they're giving away. I already signed up. Check it out - http://www.younghollywood.com/contest/contest.php