Worst Wii Graphics Ever?

Monday 5-Nov-2007 10:11 AM Cruis'n sets a new record for rubbish Wii visuals - watch the jaggy horror inside

Ready your beer goggles; Midway has released the first trailer for Cruis'n on Wii, and it's looking like it should've been released in 1997 rather than 2007.

If you're familiar with the series you'll know to expect arcade racing antics where realism and car physics go totally out the window. The last few games on N64 were also consistently a bit rubbish, so we're not holding our breath for the Wii version.

Oh, and it also looks worse than most Dreamcast games. Did we mention that?

See the trailer for yourself here, and pray that Midway figures out how to turn the anti-aliasing on by release.

Andy Robinson

Source: CVG

wait wait wait, they are bringing back cruisn usa???? that game was total crap when it first came out. why would you port that? its like me saying im going to remake , man i had a rant going there, but couldnt think of any crappier games that could be remade.....

dreamcast was awesome (Y)

The graphics on Cruis'n look terrible, and not to mention the gameplay looks dumb too.

I must be all by myself because I didn't think it was that terrible. Yeah it isn't forza or GT5 but it isn't supposed to be.

Not my cup of tea but them again I know a 5 year old doesn't care about realistic physics or wreck sequences, some adults might not either.

oh come on. we all know the crapbox has jaggy's too, how about some real antialiasing on 360 instead of using blur effect to mask the jaggy's lol..

Um, you do know that anti-aliasing IS blurring, right?

Add a bit of rap music, release a new game every year, market to droves of people, add some annoying characters and this will basically be the Need for Speed series. Oh and there needs to be cop cars that do flips in the air too.

Did that car just do like 80 backflips and kept going?

Yes, things like this tend to happen in an ARCADE game targeted towards KIDS... It's not like you guys are being forced to buy this or they are trying to push it on people that don't want it through extensive advertising.... whys everyone bitching?

Man, even if it is just for kids, it's still friggin horrid. My 8 year old brother even agreed with me. (then again, he's all up into real games like HL2)

Now, 5 year olds maybe? Then again, why you'd give a 5 year old a Wii controller is beyond me. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't risk having broken controllers / TVs due to a 5 year old losing the controller out of their hands ~

Not sure how many people played it in the day, but Crusin USA on the N64 was pretty terrible too. Coolest thing was the Iowa or whatever level where you'd go through a swarm of bugs which would all die on your windshield. Was ok as a rental but I wouldnt buy it. Surprised but that any company would release a title like that today.

Now, 5 year olds maybe? Then again, why you'd give a 5 year old a Wii controller is beyond me. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't risk having broken controllers / TVs due to a 5 year old losing the controller out of their hands ~

My 20 month old son plays Wii Tennis with me, he isn't very good, but he gets a major kick out of playing along side daddy. I have a warranty on my TV, and the cover on the remote but he hasn't come close to chucking it across the room, and if he enjoys it... why not.

<edit>

Before anyone goes calling me "parent of the year" (sarcastically of course) realize we usually never play more than a half hour a week, and other than that time I don't play video games in front of him.

Edited by xploit1030