Worst Wii Graphics Ever?

simple art direction can be good... the varied art in the warioware smooth moves game (even at times simplistic) was awesome.

this game can't use that excuse.

and i remember playing all of crusin' usa... the only reason being that it was the arcade game, and the machine was busted, giving me infinate goes. that was a fun evening... just not fun enough to justify this from midway.

wait wait wait, they are bringing back cruisn usa???? that game was total crap when it first came out. why would you port that? its like me saying im going to remake , man i had a rant going there, but couldnt think of any crappier games that could be remade.....

Daikatana :D

Is AA even possible on the Wii? It's got basically the same hardware as the GC, except a few times faster... and stuff like Zelda didn't have AA either (looked horrible)

Yes, it can do AA. So could GameCube.

it doesn't make sense. The wii is more powerfull than the ps2 and we get that?

It's not because of the Wii, it's because of the developer.

I read somewhere that this is the game that Nintendo wants to compete with Gran Turismo 5 and Forza 2.

One of three possibilities:

1. I don't catch your sarcasm

2. You didn't catch the sarcasm in whatever you read

3. You're trying to start a lame rumor

Is AA even possible on the Wii? It's got basically the same hardware as the GC, except a few times faster... and stuff like Zelda didn't have AA either (looked horrible)

Yes but it affects performance.

My 20 month old son plays Wii Tennis with me, he isn't very good, but he gets a major kick out of playing along side daddy. I have a warranty on my TV, and the cover on the remote but he hasn't come close to chucking it across the room, and if he enjoys it... why not.

<edit>

Before anyone goes calling me "parent of the year" (sarcastically of course) realize we usually never play more than a half hour a week, and other than that time I don't play video games in front of him.

you make gaming sound like shooting up or at least smoking and chugging back a few wild turkeys. jesus, it ain't a bad habit you know!

wait, let me steady my typing...oh the bends!

Hmm I didnt want to have to go back and pull this out its grave again but...

N64...

Cruis`n USA

cruisn_usa.png

Crap game and crap graphics, not that theres a direct link between the two but generally speakin the "Cruis n" titles have all been god awful

you make gaming sound like shooting up or at least smoking and chugging back a few wild turkeys. jesus, it ain't a bad habit you know!

wait, let me steady my typing...oh the bends!

Too much of anything for a child at a young age can hinder development, I don't want my son to grow up and be one of these MMO players, spending 80+ hours a week on a video game. In all honestly much like alcohol I think video games, television, and the computer should be used in moderation. I want my child to have diverse interests (music, the outdoors, etc) I don't want to inhibit what he chooses to do with his life by leading him down a path of an overweight couch potato.

But I have gotten too far of topic so I will stop here.

As a potential parent - I hope to enjoy activities such as Wii with my future children. It's a great fun experience, and I do not see it detracting from other forms of parental bonding/fun.

That said - everything in moderation, and it will only ever be put across as a game, and not a competitor to really playing tennis/bowling/etc.