XP installation CD doesn't detect partitions?!

Ok, so I'm trying to install XP Pro on a partition. I have a 169GB partition for Leopard, and 50GB for Windows. I boot from the windows CD and the only partition it shows me is some nonexistent 131GB partition. So basically I'm like, "Wtf?!", right now.

This is an iMac with Leopard, 50GB Bootcamp partition is FAT, it didn't give me an option of format.

Ok, so I'm trying to install XP Pro on a partition. I have a 169GB partition for Leopard, and 50GB for Windows. I boot from the windows CD and the only partition it shows me is some nonexistent 131GB partition. So basically I'm like, "Wtf?!", right now.

This is an iMac with Leopard, 50GB Bootcamp partition is FAT, it didn't give me an option of format.

Do a "repair permissions" from Leopard, then try installing XP. I don't know much about Macs, so I can't really help, sorry.

Those options are faded out for the partition on both Leopard, and Leopard DVD.

Make sure you were using the right version of Boot Camp, or you might just want to wait until 10.5.1.

Apparently XP is having SATA issues, Vista would recognize the partitions but I don't have $200 to spend around a bare bone Home Basic, hence me going completely Mac. Anyone know how to resolve this issue, that doesn't include me waiting for an update.

Me wonders why can OS X be installed illegally easy, but there are problems installing XP legally.

My system came with Vista pre-installed and it has a SATA drive. I don't know if this is an option for you but you could slipstream the drivers into the XP installation CD with nLite.