Firmware Version 2.00 - Official Press Release

This may sound clueless and it probably is, but where can I get some themes? I am getting bored of the black background.

Frm the video Gameradar had it looks like u might get a theme along with the firmware and there releasing the info so that anybody can create there own themes so expect a few to be posted here frm the photoshop experts lol and im sure they will start to put them up on the PSN store and u might even see ones for certain games....but i'd say they may be a cost for the themes!

I'm not complaining, you're the one picking up fights every time I say something... :huh:

the themes look "fun" but you can't deny they look like the work of a 5th grader... :p

http://www.ps3only.nl/screenshot.php?image...e_en_123682.jpg

Its called light graffity and those are ****** A!

I hope I can find them in PC wallpaper size :D

So when will MS be introducing custom '5th grader' themes. . . .that dont cost 'points'?

:whistle:

You call changing the background and color customizing a theme? please

Anyways, Ill be pretty ****ed if they dont introduce in-game music/messaging very soon :sleep:

Hello again. To better illustrate new features in the forthcoming firmware update, we?ve created a quick video demonstration of some of the new features (shot using the PLAYSTATION Eye). Inside, you?ll see a quick run through of how Themes, the Information Board, Remote Start, and custom photo and music playlists work.

As soon as the firmware goes active, our System Software Update page will refresh to reflect all of the features found in firmware v2.00.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/11/07/...-demonstration/

:) N:De :D

Visit the source to watch the vi:)o :)

damn, still no in-game XMB. other than that this is gonna be a good update, finally the ability to change the colour is here and themes are cool.

from what my 5 minutes of internet nerdy research has found, Sony will or IS i think allowing you to download a program to your computer in which you can create PS3 themes... you can also put them on playstation.com, pretty cool I guess.

OH WOOT WOOT, custom music and photo playlists. that was a long time coming! :D

ingame XMB is important because its common sense, if your playing NHL and your friend goes online you want to tell him to play, are you going to exit your game, then msg him, then load the game again? thats a waste of time

btw the firmware is up, everything looks good (Y) the theme isn't great, both the new fonts suck too, the only thing cool is the colour changing ability, i have mine on pink, best one imho.

installing now and the updates that are given in the list here...

You can now select a custom theme or set the background color under [settings] > [Theme settings].

Items such as the background, icons and font used in the X MB (XrossMediaBar) screen can now be customized

A playlist feature has been added under [music] and [photo]. Also, you can now group contact under and [game]

Notifications about PLAYSTATION related topics are now displayed on the XMB screen. you can set weather to display the notifications under [network] > [information board]

You can now turn on a PS3 system from a PSP system when the systems are connected for remote play. this setting can be adjusted in [remote start] under [settings] > [remote play settings].

The [PLAYSTATION network] category has been added and [PLAYSTATION Store] is now displayed under this category

Not much then :(

No idea why they labeled it 2.0. Should of been 1.95. There really isn't anything significant. Now if it had ingame XMB that would of been worth it.

Sorting things by type is great, thank now I have a separate folder for my PS1 games, PS2 games and PS3 games. Looks nicer then a huge list. Sorting saves by game is great! All the save files for one game go into a folder and its just better organized. for those that don't know what I'm talking about go into your games and sort by hitting square. Then go into your saves and hitting square.