Official Playstation 3 Themes Thread

Early 2008, perhaps before years end, I will have a theme that I create, I am telling myself this now so I actually go through with it.

Just because I am so busy, and I hate to be lazy like this, but what is the best resource site for templates and tutorials about actually creating a theme?

Also, I just downloaded that Mac theme onto my Mac powerbook, but it downloaded as Mac.pt3.html

I just got rid of the html manually on the file name, so do I just copy that to a USB drive and then install it from that onto my PS3, or do I have to follow the steps outlined above??

Also, I just downloaded that Mac theme onto my Mac powerbook, but it downloaded as Mac.pt3.html

I just got rid of the html manually on the file name, so do I just copy that to a USB drive and then install it from that onto my PS3, or do I have to follow the steps outlined above??

create a folder on your USB stick named PS3, then inside that folder create another folder called THEME. this folder is where you can stick all the themes you download (p3t files). on your ps3, go to theme settings and go to install, and the themes on your stick should be detected.

can't wait for your theme DL! :)

• 1 month later...

Themes were really nice till they updated to 2.10 and added the PSN network icon, now every theme I use it stands out like a sore thumb, so I am just suing one that has icons similar and keeping it like that till they can all be changed again.

Themes were really nice till they updated to 2.10 and added the PSN network icon, now every theme I use it stands out like a sore thumb, so I am just suing one that has icons similar and keeping it like that till they can all be changed again.

Yeah i agree. I'm using the Buuf theme at the moment (which is awesome) and the PSN icon really sticks out.

PS3 Theme Builder

For anyone making there own themes it might be worth a look!

Its has GUI so might be a bit easier to use for some!

I haven't tried it myself yet!

It's easy, put my themes always fail. I don't have all the icons. Could that be the problem?

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah i agree. I'm using the Buuf theme at the moment (which is awesome) and the PSN icon really sticks out.

Yea, its highly annoying, just hope they update the program they use to make the themes.

The only reason I can think of why they haven't so far would be that a possible future update is going to add or change some more icons around.

• 4 months later...