HP J2585B 10/100 Nic not working in XP

Hi there,

I recently read somewhere, that M$ has dropped their current driver sheme (whatever that exactly means), and because of this, the HCL of RC1 may in part be not correct.

So if something's on the RC1 HCL it isn't said it works with RC1.

Stupid M$.... :rolleyes:

In my hardware class at school we tried to install WinXP on one of my mates machines. I'm not exactly sure what the machine was specificly, but I do know it was only a month old. Having said that It pretty much had the latest hardware that should be supported.

If that was only true. We installed XP (might be due to the fact it was a pre RC1 release) and It cam up with tonnes of errors about hardware incompatability. To cut a long story short, the moron nominated to install it, click OK OK OK and ignored these msg's :(

Once the installation was complete the system rebooted and we could not do squat. It was dead. Came up with about 5-6 errors and also said some vital system files (that i cant remember of the top of my head) were also missing.

After that big long story. I would prob suggest that the hardware compatability is incomplete to say the least.

Cheers

Dave

I put the WinXp RC1 on my older system and it runs great but when I tried it with my new one it just won't run well at all it seems to be better on old systems

• 2 years later...