How to remove scratches on the back of iPod Touch

there are a few commerical scratch removing solutions that all they really are is a clear resin that fills in the scratches

I remember the days of having a 4G iPod 20 GB (I now am happy with my 5g 30 GB) and really caring about them scratches. I used Brasso like many sites suggested. I regretted it personally because I did it more than I probably should have and somewhat removed the shine. I've read reviews for commercial "scratch-removers" and they haven't been so great. Case in point: no such thing as scratch-removers - especially for metal.

My piece of advice: you're screwed. Get over it. If you want to further it from getting worse, use an lcd protector static-cling from places like here or here. You could use this for future reference in getting another iPod, making sure you use one of these do-dads before even using it.

You could also try this as an alternative, instead of waiting, sell you iPod Touch on eBay, then pay the difference for a brand new one, but make sure you get those static-cling protectors, and then enjoy! :)