New "Get a Mac" adverts.

There was a program on TV in the UK that compared photo/music editing etc between a top-range Mac and top-range PC. The PC came out top overall.. guess you just pay for the shiny white plastic.

Yeah, I saw something similar. For the price of a Mac, a same-priced PC would beat it performance-wise in just about everything they'd compete on.

It all boils down really to personal preference... I use both. I prefer Mac laptops, while I use Windows based desktops. If I had the choice tho I would purchase an iMac. I love the Mac operating system all around.

It all boils down really to personal preference... I use both. I prefer Mac laptops, while I use Windows based desktops. If I had the choice tho I would purchase an iMac. I love the Mac operating system all around.

I agree there. I'd love a Mac but I am a gamer. I'd also miss WLM, Winamp, cheaper upgrades etc.

Apple should dig up the Dell "Dude" and burn him to sell Macs. PC can then come in and defend his slow and computationally challenged pot headed cousin and ask you to just build your own for maximum performance. :laugh:

Which Apple product are you?

A) The insanely over-priced one

B) The insanely over-priced one

C) The insanely over-priced one

:shifty:

Oh you mean the ?450/$500 RAM upgrade?:rofl::

Is it your goal in life to come into every Apple thread and try to start a flame war?:huh::

I agree there. I'd love a Mac but I am a gamer. I'd also miss WLM, Winamp,cheaper upgrades> etc.

Cheaper upgrades? Care to explain? Leopard is $130, and Vista is more than that if I remember correctly.

----------------

Overall, I really like the new commercials. Apple did a great job with them(Y))

Every time i see these commercials, its one more nail in apples coffin as far as I'm concerned...I've never had a huge problem with macs, except their price and that their users all ride around on big white horses spouting how great their leader Jobs is and how apple products are godly. But Apple trying to bash microsoft and vista are very childish IMHO, and these commercials look like they were made for the less intelligent people in society, which by chance happen to already make up apples core user base, so I don't know...whatever, but one more reason I won't be buying a mac in this or the next life time. The only thing i'd ever buy would be an IPOD touch when the price comes down.

Anyone else having trouble loading the page with Safari 3.0.4? :hmmm:

post-8780-1194905109_thumb.png

I rest my case.

Stick with Windows.

XP or Vista... I don't care, just stick with windows (or solaris, or linux). Don't use mac, way too expensive.

Panarchy

Every time i see these commercials, its one more nail in apples coffin as far as I'm concerned...I've never had a huge problem with macs, except their price and that their users all ride around on big white horses spouting how great their leader Jobs is and how apple products are godly. But Apple trying to bash microsoft and vista are very childish IMHO, and these commercials look like they were made for the less intelligent people in society, which by chance happen to already make up apples core user base, so I don't know...whatever, but one more reason I won't be buying a mac in this or the next life time. The only thing i'd ever buy would be an IPOD touch when the price comes down.

But, see? That's the very problem, the majority of Mac users are actually probably against these commercials and/or indifferent. It's the extremely enthusiastic minority of Mac users who are the so-called "Apple fanboys." They are the ones who enjoy these types of smear campaigns, the ones who refuse to believe that Apple is a flawed company and doesn't release perfect products. I think even the Apple cultists on this board like LTD would probably agree with me that the fanboys are not good for Apple's image.

Cheaper upgrades? Care to explain? Leopard is $130, and Vista is more than that if I remember correctly.

I meant hardware-wise. More choice and better price-to-performance.

Well, the candy bar is eaten in userspace... not system space... so I wouldn't need to be root. ;)

And a properly written Snickers bar wouldn't trigger UAC dialogs either.

I'm really of mixed views on apple's ads...sometimes they're funny, but really, I'm not amused about their ad campaign being based about (as said before) childish bashing, most of which isn't really representative at all. It seems sad that an ad campaign can't extoll a product's features without being compared to another product...the product should be self-standing.

Their gimmicky practices of business get the best of people. I just like it for the part where PC gets owned or when PC does stupid things like the Vista version wheel XD

Classic!!!

i love arrogance in its rawest form..

here's a recap:

overpriced? yes!

underperforming? yes!

glitchy as crap? yes!

annoying for arrogant and idiotic, not to mention foolish and false adverts? yes! yes! and yes!

have annoying followers who think their macs trump all? yes ^ infinity.

they need to get a clue before they launch jerk ads like this. it's not how a company should run. but then again, i don't think they should be a company that is allowed to run.

^Yes, because they have become PC's...

What are your guys favourite anti or different Get a Mac add? From youtube or whatever? I like the one with that linux kid, that really annoys both of them :p... Which do you like?

i love arrogance in its rawest form..

here's a recap:

overpriced? yes!

underperforming? yes!

glitchy as crap? yes!

annoying for arrogant and idiotic, not to mention foolish and false adverts? yes! yes! and yes!

have annoying followers who think their macs trump all? yes ^ infinity.

Thanks for an example of arrogance in its rawest form.

I rest my case.

Stick with Windows.

XP or Vista... I don't care, just stick with windows (or solaris, or linux). Don't use mac, way too expensive.

Panarchy

Not loading one website over the past 2.5 years is far from anything to rest a case on. After using only Windows for a dozen years, one aggravation every 2.5 years is nothing. :laugh:

Not loading one website over the past 2.5 years is far from anything to rest a case on. After using only Windows for a dozen years, one aggravation every 2.5 years is nothing. :laugh:

Exactly.

A damned good product with a clever sales strategy.

No problem there.

What's all the fuss about???

Edited by LTD

NO ONE POSTED these yet?!?!?!?! Slippin guys....

<links snipped>

We have a Jokes Section, this isn't it. Don't derail threads.

Edited by John S.

Apple makes fine products, though I've never used one, other than my roomates. but apple isn't perfect, it can be pricey to upgrade hardware, and the gaming factor always turned me off.

i have to give it to them though, they have a smart advertising company...