Your first ever game

Hey now, at least I am old enough to have had an NES. I say the cutoff point for resentment is those who grew up with a PS1. They didn't get to enjoy the greatness that was the NES, SNES and Genesis.

:p

The time that you had to blow into the cartridge!

The time that you had to blow into the cartridge!

Haha yep! I remember my parents hated renting games for those systems because if somebody screwed up the cartridge it could mess up the system. I'm still not sure if that's true...

Midtown Madness 2 on PC. Craptacular 640x480 on a Radeon 7000. Ah...good times.

The first ACTUAL game I played was "Hover" on my dad's work laptop. Now that was fun. :D

Pong. Really. When I was a young 'un.

Then, when I was maybe in 6th grade, it was a text adventure game called "Creature Venture" on an Apple ][ system at the school I went to. Learned BASIC programming there on a Commodore PET computer, with maybe 4k of RAM. But those are computers, not consoles.

The joys of being 40, and seeing computing and gaming evolve.

You spoiled brats! :p

The first game I ever remember playing was mario bros/duck hunt for nes. First game I ever sought out and bought all on my own? that would be zelda lttp on snes. that was when my game addiction started. and it still goes strong today with me waiting 2 hours to get mario galaxy. and it was worth the wait...

I'm pretty sure it was Alex the Kidd in Miracle World, on my ?friends? Master System. The second was Sonic the Hedgehog, on my own Master System, some time later.

Sonic2.png

It was the best experience of my life

I will never forget the beauty and mystery this game showed me.

During my childhood I played it for 6 years straight and never beat it, until I discovered debug mode and level select.

Don't remember the first one. Remember a ton I played when I was young:

Missile Command, Duck Hunt, Mario, Dune II, Wolfenstein, Doom, Duke Nukem, Command & Conquer, Command & Conquer: Red Alert

well at least we do have some mature people here heh heh. and the colecovision wasn't a 2600 clone! that smurfs game they had on it was like the Crysis of its time for a little while!

The original Mario on the NES. I'm not old enough to have had an Atari as my first console :p

I'm in my early 20s and I don't feel old by saying my first console was the atari (maybe got it too late comparing with the rest of the world? I don't care anyway).

This is it (among others but can't recall which one was TEH first)

1.jpg

Some tank game and helicopter game on a windows 1.1 I think, I miss them, if anyone knows which games I'm talking about please tell :p or was it commodore 64 :s ay... to way back to remember