Boards Stats for Sep & Oct 2007

This was requested in another thread, so here goes!

No major change other than that topic views appear to be on the up which is positive. I would be interested to see November stats as I am noticing more sign-ups seeking tech help.

OCT '07: 1,833 registrations, 6,546 new topics, 72,935 replies, 3,585 PM's sent and 2,697,347 topic views.

SEP '07: 2,050 registrations, 6,100 new topics, 68,266 replies, 2,943 PM's sent and 2,982,783 topic views.

post-2-1195046312_thumb.png

There you go! (unknown is most likely those users who have privacy software installed)

Edit: Oops that was for half of November, I have now replaced it with the October stats.

Some more:

post-2-1195046559_thumb.png

post-2-1195046567_thumb.png

552Gb of bandwidth for the US......*faints*

I still don't get why you get more hits from Australia then the UK though. After all, the UK has more people then Australia. My site is the same (last month's stats):

statstr9.jpg

Strange... :p

552Gb of bandwidth for the US......*faints*

I still don't get why you get more hits from Australia then the UK though. After all, the UK has more people then Australia. My site is the same (last month's stats):

statstr9.jpg

Strange... :p

That might well be an issue with the geolocation software though

2% Linux users (Y)

Worldwide, IDG estimates the share to be slightly below 1%, but as a tech enthusiast site, not surprised there is a higher number here.

damn who's still using OS/2 warp to come on neowin :|

Yeah, I smirked at that. Some tech guy repairing an ATM?

The fact that the US dominates probably has something to do with people using services like AOL that tend to identify them as American because that is where AOL is located (or some other similar fault in the geolocating software).

Canucks and Aussies outnumbering the Brits is certainly interesting though.

Really cool to see those numbers.

I honestly thought the Mac user base was much, much higher. Seems we are a very vocal minority. :laugh:

The fact that the US dominates probably has something to do with people using services like AOL that tend to identify them as American because that is where AOL is located (or some other similar fault in the geolocating software).

Another ISP that does it is the Aussie ISP Internode - their address is "internode.on.net" which gets identified as US-based. A fair few people in Australia use them so that would be incorrectly identified as US-based.

^ You need a better scale than that :rofl:

In what way?

I used a logarithmic scale as the values cover such a large range. This seems to be a better alternative than making the chart too wide or using multiple charts...

heh, neowin sure must be fun to navigate on 640x480 lol :p

• 2 weeks later...

You obviously have no idea how exciting my life is! :shiftyninja:

*hits refresh button*

Considering the amount of tech users in a tech forum, still surprised by the lead in IE.

Tech people like other browsers that aren't Firefox(Or whatever browser), FYI. But it's also because people visit from work and I suppose they all use IE at work.

But man, we have a lot of action going on on this forum.

Tech people like other browsers that aren't Firefox(Or whatever browser), FYI. But it's also because people visit from work and I suppose they all use IE at work.

But man, we have a lot of action going on on this forum.

Yeah, when I browse from work, I will show up as Windows/IE (not my choices). At home (where I browse more, anyway) it is Linux/Firefox